I think I am going to be buying a new MB in the near future.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a-m-k, Dec 9, 2012.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Rather than just replace my disc slot drive (for lack of better words) I was thinking I would upgrade the whole system entirely. I am now on a MBP ('09... six months short of 4 years.)

I want to go with the most current system and model. Should I just keep my eyes open on this site. I tried googling it and I was taken everywhere but where I want to go.

Thank you!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why would you look here? This site isn't part of Apple. You can find new MBPs on Apple's site, not here.

3. simsaladimbamba

New MBPs probably arrive in Spring 2013, when Intel releases Haswell.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

----------

Strange, I understood the post differently, but not that I see "your side" I can see, that one can (especially young geezers like that other fellow) understand it that way too. Strange, and totally tired. Ardbeg, here I do not come.

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Honestly, the only place you should be on would be the Apple Store. That's where you'd find the most up-to-date MBP products. The only thing MacRumors can do for you is give you advice on which one to buy for your needs.

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

As luck would have it, for some strange reason, I decided to try to put one of the my MBP discs in, it worked! But I noticed something I didn't notice before, the way it went in. I let my MBP accept the disc... it did... and it was ejected like normal. I am not sure why it is 'behaving', but hey, I may have saved myself some money!

6. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

My luck didn't last long... I just couldn't find this thread when I was going to reply/update...

Things needed to be replaced, which my dad wanted to do, (I think he wants my old MBP)

The CD drive, keyboard, and logic board went bad and was replaced. I don't own that particular MBP anymore. I am not sure if I will sell it or not either.

7. Krauser macrumors regular

So... what's up with your computer situation now?

8. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I've been completely updated. I was thinking of selling my old MBP one way or another. I think my dad wants it. I haven't had much time to read everything thoroughly. Oddly, there wasn't any optical discs.

If my dad intends on keeping my old MBP, all I need to get is a new external hard-drive. I can just give my old one to my dad. (I forget how big it was, I think it was a TB or two.) Though, I cleared out anything from my old MBP from a thread I started a little while ago.

This MBP is awesome!

9. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

My family is saving my old MBP and someone has to call the repair shop on Monday to do one final step. (I forgot to mention that fact. I forget what needed to be done.)