I Think I Found Steve Jobs (AIM)

cskii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2005
I think I found Steve Jobs AIM screen name for AIM. I'm not sure though. On the new Adium, if you go under status and search for buddy be email, then search for steve@apple.com. It comes up with many screen names, one being infinite 0oo0 (which happens to be where apple headquarters are located [1 infintie loop, ca]) and others that seem liek it may be him. What do you guys think??

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
very unlikely, a man that likes his privacy as much as steve wont let it be that easy to find him out... and i dont think the steve@mac.com is is email address either

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
cskii said:
I think I found Steve Jobs AIM screen name for AIM. I'm not sure though. On the new Adium, if you go under status and search for buddy be email, then search for steve@apple.com. It comes up with many screen names, one being infinite 0oo0 (which happens to be where apple headquarters are located [1 infintie loop, ca]) and others that seem liek it may be him. What do you guys think??
Why don't you send him an IM and ask him? ;) :D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
If you think it'll be easy to contact Steve, the CEO of the best computer maker in the world, Apple, just try contacting chaosmint. It's damn near impossible. :eek:

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
cskii said:

its not steve@apple.com its stevejobs@apple.com :)

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I have a feeling they all goto the same assistant who reads and deletes 90% of them ...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Kwyjibo said:
I have a feeling they all goto the same assistant who reads and deletes 90% of them ...
90%, I think that might be too low

Besides, I'm sure he has more than one account...

D

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
tech4all said:
Actually wouldn't it be sjobs@apple.com?
I worked for a semester at an Apple retail store, where the management boasted about the company's "Fearless Feedback" policy that stated if we found something objectionable about a business decision or practice we could express our feelings with any one of our higher-ups, "including Steve Jobs himself". That (sjobs@apple.com) was the e-mail that we employees were told was his, and that he read any and all messages from employees. So, unless you manage to get an apple.com e-mail address.... :)

RJP31484

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
ColoJohnBoy said:
I worked for a semester at an Apple retail store, where the management boasted about the company's "Fearless Feedback" policy that stated if we found something objectionable about a business decision or practice we could express our feelings with any one of our higher-ups, "including Steve Jobs himself". That (sjobs@apple.com) was the e-mail that we employees were told was his, and that he read any and all messages from employees. So, unless you manage to get an apple.com e-mail address.... :)
Yes, I heard on public radio once that steve really does personally check and read his own email. He has insane filters to get the junk out of his way, but he spends hours a week reading, and responding to! emails. If someone really has his address (maybe sjobs@apple.com) they should drop him a line and see what happens!

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
from what i know, steves email address is: sjobs@apple.com

i'm pretty sure he reads the non-spam email because i once sent him an email about a v. long powerbook repair, which he then forwarded on to tim cook, who forwarded it on to the head of apple europe, who contacted me personally..

anyway, the reason i think he reads it himself is because when i eventually got the email, i noticed how he had forwarded it to tim with a one line note, and signed it 'steve'. i'm pretty sure an assistant wouldnt sign his name, right?

anyway, it's no concrete evidence. just my lil' anecdote.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
asif786 said:
from what i know, steves email address is: sjobs@apple.com

i'm pretty sure he reads the non-spam email because i once sent him an email about a v. long powerbook repair, which he then forwarded on to tim cook, who forwarded it on to the head of apple europe, who contacted me personally..

anyway, the reason i think he reads it himself is because when i eventually got the email, i noticed how he had forwarded it to tim with a one line note, and signed it 'steve'. i'm pretty sure an assistant wouldnt sign his name, right?

anyway, it's no concrete evidence. just my lil' anecdote.

hmmm that is interesting.....i've never heard a story quite like that before, but i'm not quite sure what to make of it, or maybe thats because i haven't gone to bed yet...

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
PlaceofDis said:
hmmm that is interesting.....i've never heard a story quite like that before, but i'm not quite sure what to make of it, or maybe thats because i haven't gone to bed yet...
hehe, what do you mean? you think i dreamt it up? :p :eek: ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
asif786 said:
not at all, but its the first of the kind that i have heard like that.... its a cool story thats for sure, and i hope it was jobs that was the one who read the email you sent....

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
PlaceofDis said:
not at all, but its the first of the kind that i have heard like that.... its a cool story thats for sure, and i hope it was jobs that was the one who read the email you sent....
heh, i guess. then again, even if it wasnt jobs at least it proves that matters can be escalated fairly easily by emailing that address.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
asif786 said:
heh, i guess. then again, even if it wasnt jobs at least it proves that matters can be escalated fairly easily by emailing that address.

indeed, shhhh! dont tell anyone, if this gets out it wont work anymore :D

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
asif786 said:
It sounds like you did indeed correspond with Steve. Once I sent an e-mail to Steve Burke, the President of Comcast, and he responded the next morning and Cc:'d two of his big shots - Matt Bond (Executive Vice President of Programming) and Charlie Thurston (President Comcast Spotlight Advertising). E-Mail brings us all to the same level. As long as it's not abused, it is an amazing tool ;)