I think I found the biggest idiot with a gun yet.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 22, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is stupid enough jumping on a trampoline with an infant but with a stolen gun too? it is hard to believe the sheer lack of thought these acts took.
    I could see a young teen doing it but an adult?
    http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/07/man_charged_with_killing_his_g.html

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

****ing moron.

Guns are stupid but wait for how much hate I'm gonna get by the right for saying that:rolleyes:

When will people realise guns aren't toys??

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Guns are terrible and they are certainly no toys.

I dont think you understand the difference between "liking" guns and the universal right to carry them.
    If there would be a way to make all guns disappear from this planet I would be all for it.
    But we might as well talk about rivers of milk and honey, the chocolate volcano and bacon trees...

So since guns are here and they are here to stay everyone should have the equal right to carry them.

4. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Everyone?

5. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

No, not if they are a threat. Also, they don't have to be here to stay either, if people fight against a destructive weapon being allowed in citizens hands.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

Every person should have the same rights.

7. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Even mentally ill people? What about gang members?

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

Guns are far more dangerous in the authorities hands. Please look at history.
    How do you propose to iradicate all guns from planet earth at once?

9. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Then we completely disagree. I really don't think everyone should have equal access to guns. And before you say "it's a right"... so is voting, and there are large chunks of the population that can't vote.

----------

Ah, I forgot that you're one of those anarchists pretending to be libertarian. >_>

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

Please refrain from labeling and namecalling. I never said I was anything.

Where I live everyone is allowed to vote. Why are large chunks in the US not allowed to vote?

11. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Matter of perspective. What countries remind you that authorities are dangerous? Don't bring in N. Korea or China...

12. Meister, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014

Meister Suspended

Meister

Thats not a "matter of perspective". You need to study up on history, kid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3jiXpPDB8

13. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

This x1000

It's idiots like this that give responsible gun owners a bad name. Those who understand 1. They're ability (and know they're not a toy) 2. Know how to use them and 3. Value human life

14. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Yup, way too many accidental firearm deaths per year. So easily preventable.

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

To think anyone without any training could own such a deadly weapon is just plain stupid. all the deaths caused by this is just unacceptable. almost 50% of all gun deaths are from accidents and non criminal causes (not used in a robbery or such)

16. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Seeing as I've done IGCSE History and am now doing AS History I don't need to "study up"

It is a matter of perspective.

----------

People like you, that's fine. You have can have guns because you sound rather responsible.

But I want to propose a gun rights change of sorts:

- Way better testing done on the mental capabilities of said person
    - Concealed carry permit completely removed or don't allow guns in public places at all.

I have no problems with gun if you are an enthusiast and use it to maybe go hunting or just shoot random targets. My problem? The second a weapon is showing in public which makes me fear the person with the gun. Also gun owners thinking they should be allowed guns anywhere.

17. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Many states restrict felons from voting. They may get their voting rights back at a later point, depending on the state in question.

Edit: Also, I apologize for the rude remarks. You do come across as slightly anarchistic, though.

18. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Guns are not toys. It says it on the box.

19. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

On mental testing, agreed. On concealed carry permits being removed, disagreed. With the sad state of gang violence in this country, I feel the average citizen should be able to protect themselves / other citizens should they need to. As let's face it, cops can't be everywhere all the time. Now this runs the risk of a frantic person shaking like a leaf and ends up shooting an innocent person in the head. For this, I propose mandatory gun safety & gun training classes in order to be able to purchase a firearm. I mean, if we have to do a driving course to get a drivers license, why not a course to own a gun? It's so important to know how to use a firearm and understand its capabilities. This would (hopefully) make anti-gunners feel safer, and shouldn't be toooooo much to ask for the average gun owning Joe to feel his rights are being compromised. Maybe even implement that the course needs to be taken every 3 years to renew their license. To me, this makes sense. It's one thing to own a gun, but it's another to know the safety precautions and sharpen up the shooting skills at the same time.

One more thing about guns in public. A responsible gun owner in public has their handgun on their side, perhaps even in professional clothes (I see it all the time in Arizona). There's a huge difference between that and some angry Texans waving AR-15's around. I have one, and I would never do that. That's just bringing negative attention to all gun owners, because they look frickin stupid.

20. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Thank you for your well reasoned response. You've helped me change my perception about gun ownership. I would very happy with gun safety classes and courses that are mandatory. I also believe if you are gonna get a gun for self defence get a weak one(Is there a such thing?) As to injure the robber/criminal, not to kill him/her.

Thank you for being logical regarding this (surprisingly) civil discussion.

----------

The story above demonstrates some people have reading comprehension issues.

21. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

As far as weak goes, eh, it's a gun. Nothing really weak about it. BUT! A 22lr pistol would do. Sig Mosquito is a great pistol. As for me, I prefer a 9mm. Glock 17 or 19 are great home protection guns. Same with the S&W SD9's.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

If there is a gun stupidity contest somewhere, this will win it.

23. samiwas macrumors 68000

I think some people on this forum would be shocked that most of the so-called "anti-gunners" hold this position. As for the renewal, I would say the three years should be the comprehensive renewal exam, but there should be a yearly check.

I'm shocked that there are people out there who think anyone and everyone should be able to carry a gun with absolutely no requirements or testing at all.

24. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Perfect. I don't think anyone is for taking guns from everyone, just regulating them more.

25. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

In my eyes as a gun owner, it's not even a regulation. A regulation would imply limiting number of guns, or types of guns - which I'm against.