I think I just figured out something about everybody's hot macbooks or macbook pros.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by a-m-k, Jun 3, 2010.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I have two theories. The fan reset so it's not loud seemed to help, but... this is the weird part... wearing jeans (at least something over bare skin). Though, I don't reccomend fleece (the snuggie) the fan started to run fast when I did that... I immediately took off the snuggie and stopped using my MBP for a few hours. So if you are cold when you use your macbook.... Wear extra layers, just not on your lap.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why the need for this hideous typeface and colour?

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Replace your avatar's "b" with "n" and you have your answer.

4. discofuel macrumors 6502

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I just like the font.... I always have. Anyway, still, I think as long as the bottom part of teh mac "breathes" there is no big deal.... If you have a conditon that you need something warm... get a cooling fan that sits on your lap.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about this font is so likable? It's making text less readable. And this colour is just not made for writing.

And that Comic Sans is the worst typeface that gets offered by this board software.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Always nice to see a fellow thermal engineer posting here.

Attached Files:

8. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

LOL.... I'm not a thermal engineer. (I bet that was sarcasm, though... :) ) Is this beter... I just don't like being the same ol' same ol' boring black color and font.

I just kind of figured it had to do with the kind of clothes everybody was wearing. I just couldn't figure out why it was still a little warm on bare skin. (From wearing shorts.)

9. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

That's much better. Thank you.

Obviously, if your Macbook can breathe, it won't get as hot. On skin it can feel very warm.

10. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Note to self....

In the cold winter nights, don't use the snuggie and just wear a heavy shirt and deal with the cold :)