I think I may have the coolest iPod in the world...

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Careful not to smudge the 'pod. My advice is to put it in a shadowbox -- maybe with audio and FireWire leads coming out so you can sort of still use the iPod, or else just get a new iPod, because if you want to preserve the autograph you really can't use the iPod as intented anymore. Congratulations.

Peter9

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
yeah, she was at my college (uw milwaukee), is that where you ran into her?

filmmaker2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Milwaukee
She's traveling around the country doing rallies for the Dems getting women to vote...she stayed for about 45 minutes until everyone got a picture with her or got to meet her. She's quite beautiful and kind in person...

I ran into her at Kennadee's on Milwaukee St.

Peter...when was she at UWM? I'm there everyday...I heard no mention.

Peter9

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
filmmaker2002 said:
She's traveling around the country doing rallies for the Dems getting women to vote...she stayed for about 45 minutes until everyone got a picture with her or got to meet her. She's quite beautiful and kind in person...

I ran into her at Kennadee's on Milwaukee St.

Peter...when was she at UWM? I'm there everyday...I heard no mention.
in the sandburg dorms.

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
If she signed it on the back of your iPod, I presume, you've actually defaced your 'pod and lowered its value.

I'll give $50 bucks for it.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
I can't believe you would deface an otherwise perfectly good iPod with that. The black ink takes sooooo much away from the backing. Ruins the whole look :p

Of course, it is a good excuse to go buy a 4G pod....

filmmaker2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Milwaukee
Very funny all...the interesting thing is...now I can never get it repaired or replaced...so I'll be forced to buy a new one if anything stops working. Small price to pay I guess. I'll never sell it...I've admired her since I was 14, so no luck for eBayers. Anyway...anyone know of a clear plastic case I can keep this in...form fitting perhaps? It's a 40GB iPod...I'd still like to use it, but I have a 10GB 3G for backup instead I guess.

filmmaker2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Milwaukee
Peter9 said:
in the sandburg dorms.
Nice...I lived there my first year. I was really surprised that she stuck around to meet everyone in the restaurant...must have been about 100 people there.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
filmmaker2002 said:
So I ran into Natalie Portman yesterday...didn't have anything on me for her to sign...except my iPod...she thought it was really cool...better than all the Star Wars DVDs she's signed I'm sure...

I'm never selling this
Great, now your iPod is all written on and dirty :(

jk :p :) ;) :D

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2004
well if you admire her and all so much, i guess I shouldnt say that I live a good two minutes from her, although she's not always at this house, but shes around enough