I think it's BS you can't buy the White iPhone for 199.00

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjref4life, May 1, 2011.

1. Mjref4life macrumors newbie

When ur already a iPhone user??????

It really pisses me of that I must wait, I mean put me in another 2 year contract. I've been a iPhone user since day 1 & I believe that I should always be able to get "The cheaper price" when new iPhones come out with the 2 year contract of course.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You can buy the white iPhone for $199.99 ....... upon activation of a new line.
    I believe you should read your contract agreement and do your research. If you want a new iPhone every year, then you need to pay over $100 a month, I believe.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Is that $100/mo = yearly upgrade for both Att & Verizon?

5. admanster macrumors newbie

Well if you are in a contract, didn't you agree to the terms? Just because you have been a user since day doesn't mean you get special treatment. It is a phone after all. ;)

6. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

its how the system works buddy. people say that they are "valued customers" all the time and they should be getting new phones instead. in reality they wanna attract new customers not you. i know it sucks but thats the way the cookie crumbles

7. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

So if you have two iPhones on your accoutrements you are allows to upgrade every 12 months for both lines?

8. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I just bought mine for $199.

This phone is The Best iPhone ive had.

I cannot say enough good things about the improved antenna.

The new engineers Apple hired after Antennagate really know what they are doing. This is why the phone is slightly thicker.

I highly suggest this great new phone to anyone that suffered with a poor phone like I did. I bought the original black iPhone 4, it was horrible. Even the replacements I got weren't much better.

This white one is fantastic!

9. Azadre macrumors 6502

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

11. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

You like playing jazz?

12. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sold my black 16 for 500 and bought the white 16 for 600.

Try the same.

13. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

It really pisses me off I cannot buy gasoline at a reduced price, I mean, I have been using it since the day I started driving. I spend lots of money on it so I think I should get a discount.

I cannot believe this system.:mad:

14. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

lmaooooooooo

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL awesome!
    While we're at it, I've been eating my entire life. I can't believe I have to pay for food after being a loyal eater for decades.

OP, got any more inane ideas you'd like to share?

16. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

I've been living in the same god damn 2 bedroom property for 10 consecutive years, it's time the government lend me a bigger house :mad:

17. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

When you buy a house, you get a 30-year contract.
    When you buy a iPhone, you get a 2-year contract.
    On a $599k house, you pay 35% down, and the remainder over the course of your contract.
    On a $599 iPhone, you pay $199 down, and the remainder over the course of your contract.

Hm.

18. Tapiwa macrumors member

The phone doesn't cost $199.. ;)
    It costs $199+the carrier's subsidy that you reimburse with your monthly bill. The actual value of the phone is 600 to 700 dollars, based on the pricing for countries where Apple sells them without a plan.

If you haven't "paid off" the phone with your monthly plan yet then why should you be able to get another one for $199 upfront? :confused:

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Sorry, OP but you agreed to the terms when you purchased your iPhone, now deal with it.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Kids these days dont understand how phone service contracts work.
    They think they can get the subsidized price whenever they want:rolleyes:

21. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

it's not a new iPhone ...

22. solowmodel macrumors 6502

Implication being that pretty much all subsidised contracts are BS...

Posted above, "nice sense of entitlement".

23. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I'm selling my black 32GB to recoup the money I spent on the white one. Maybe you could try that? I knew I wasn't eligible for the cheapest price, but I really wanted white. Just how it works with cell phone contracts.

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Do you understand the concept of contract? That means you have agreed to stay with the carrier for two years and in return they *subsidize* (that means they pay part of the cost for you as the phone is around 700 dollars brand new) the phone for you in return for your agreement to stay for 2 years.

When the phone comes out the next year, they already have you in agreement for a contract for still another year. What is their incentive to subsidize your phone again for you? Your already with them for yet another year. Now when your contract ends at two years, you have something you can barter to them for them subsidizing your phone, another agreement to stay for another two years.

You get how this works yet? You have to be able to give them something in return for them giving you something. They aren't there to be nice to you. They gotta make money (they have employees to pay, equipment to maintain, all stuff they need to do in order to provide you with coverage on your cellphone).