I Think McCain's Health is Worsening

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Sep 29, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Since we've seen McCain about every day since early this year, I've noticed that in the last couple weeks, McCain hasn't looked so good.

Has anybody else noticed this?
    My gut tells me that was the real reason he wanted to possibly postpone the debate was to rest up and feel better.

The act of perhaps canceling the VP debate is too obvious.

This could also explain his odd anger towards Obama during the debate. Not feeling well causes everyone I know to be a tad angrier than usual.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

With the vast number of reporters trailing him and the non-stop Internet news, I think we'd have heard if his health were an issue. Speculating in a thread is not right.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Grasping at straws.

Did anyone notice how Obama seemed to pause before making his point, as if he was about to stutter but stop himself? I think he has some brain ailment that is slowly eating his brain away. The people I know whose brains are being eaten away also exhibit similar pauses in improvisational speech. :rolleyes:

5. Queso macrumors G4

I put that down to him having to concentrate on holding his assumed human shape. It probably wouldn't have done his campaign any good to morph into his genuine reptilian form on national TV.

This is also why he couldn't call McCain "Senator". "S-s-s-s-s-s-enator" would have given the game away. There isn't a letter S in "John", so that was the safer option.

McCain, meanwhile, is really made entirely of raisins.

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Not entirely, his blood is a mixture of prune juice and 7-up™.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You watch too much House!

:D

8. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Don't forget spinach. Though admittedly, no muscles pop out. Just the bags underneath his eyes and in his cheeks. :p

9. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I don't think he's ill per se, I think he's just exhausted. Everything from vocal cords to kneecaps is taking way more strain than it can handle.

What else do you expect when you take a handicapped 72-year old tumor sample chart, drag him all over the country and keep him awake and alert for 10-12 hours a day for months on end. When you're 72, you're supposed to be watching TV and fishing, not have a calendar where every minute is jam packed. I mean, when I look in my calendar I have entries like "sometime this week", and I'm in my 30's. In McCain's calendar, forget weeks, days or even hours, it's planned right down to the minute. "Call so-and-so between 8:46 and 8:49 before you get in a limo at 8:51 where you'll be preparing for speech #5623 while having breakfast and watching the CNN/FOX/ABC clips we compiled during the night..."

This is why geriatric geezers shouldn't run for president in the first place.

10. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I think it's unnecessary to assume all 72 year olds can't handle the job. Everyone is an individual. I know a 70-some year old who, admittedly, just stepped down from being president of a company, but more because he wants to enjoy some more free time. He gets up at 4 every day, swims for a couple hours before work, works 10-12 hours days, likes surfing...

There's no way you'd convince me he's not up to the job.

On the other hand, everyone is an individual. McCain has obviously had health problems for a while and the idea that he'd survive 4 years of being President in top shape is, well, playing the odds.

McCain obviously loves gambling, so his supporters just need to think about how much they do too.

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

and it has to be kept in mind that being president also is quite challenging as well .. you just have to look how fast most presidents (regardless of country) age within 4 years

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

That's not what I'm assuming, but it's just a fact of life that the human body starts deteriorating after 35, and McCain is twice that age plus 2 years.

The thing is, he's gonna have to last until he's 76. My grandfather, who was born in 1925, was a healthy guy... athletic, took long walks every day, an avid skier... he was also very educated, knowledgeable and quick-witted. In 1997 (when he was 72, ironically, and still going strong), he started saying stuff that just didn't sound right. Alzheimer's just kicked in out of nowhere and it was the start of a long downhill slide. After about a year he was rambling incoherently about "going home" (he was already home) and little men "piling up tires" (he used to be a cop, I've no idea where he got the whole 'tire' thing from). Kept calling people the wrong names, it was as if he had shifted all names one generation back (I became my uncle, etc). Then the physical problems started. His steps became shorter and shorter and he walked slouched over like all his muscles had withered. Eventually he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. When he died in 1999, he had gone from McCain-like vigor to demented vegetable in two years.

This development can kick in fast and with little to no advance warning. Should the same thing happen to McCain, first there's gonna be a president with Alzheimer's and then there's gonna be a president by the name of Sarah Palin.

Reagan left office in 1989, in the nick of time (he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1994). LBJ died 4 years after he left office, 2 days after his hypothetical 2nd full term would've ended. It was only mere luck that Reagan didn't go koo-koo a few years earlier, or that LBJ didn't die suddenly a few years earlier.

Granted, it's not necessarily a disaster to have a mentally retarded president. The US has already had one for 8 years, and we're all still alive. I just find it puzzling that out of 300 million Americans, the cream of the crop has to be a retard who can't speak without a script, or an old geezer who is several years past retirement age and is rather likely to drop dead or develop Alzheimer's before the term is over. Surely there must be at least ONE living Republican who is A) intelligent and articulate, B) not crazy, and B) under 60?

13. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Anuba, well put. I don't disagree with you at all.