I think my home button wiggles a little more than it should...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozzyman500, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Yesterday I noticed that my home button wiggles a bit more than it should I think. I don't know if this is normal or because of the double clicking all the time, but my home button has been taking a beating these past 2 weeks...should I take it in?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

The joy of being in retail.

"How can I help you?"
    "I think my home button wiggles more than it should"
    "A lot or a little?"
    "A little."
    "Follow me over here."
    "What's this?"
    "It's our display of life. Please get one."

4. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

MikePA, no reason to be a dickhead. Just asking a question.

5. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Me a dickhead? How the heck would anyone on here know exactly what a 'little wiggle' is and if it's 'more than it should'? Did you ever think about that before you posted?

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

7. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

No, but I'm sure with all the other posts on here that are less intelligent I'm sure people could figure out what I meant, especially on here.

8. isaac65 macrumors member

You know what? Ozzyman is right. There should be no wiggle at all. Mine wiggles a bit as well. I'm going to take it in ti be replaced as soon as I get an iPhone 4 ghost armor. I didn't buy a $700 phone to tolerate a loose home button. If my wife's 3GS and my old 3GS have solid, stiff home buttons, why couldn't my iPhone 4? And goobot, you're wrong. Not all iPhone 4's have this problem. Only two display devices at my Apple Store have this problem.
    Ozzyman, you should take it in to be replaced. In fact, I called the Apple Store the other day and asked if this was a warrantable issue and the guy told me it absolutely was.

9. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

The home button on my 3GS used to wiggle too and it was very annoying, luckily though the home button on my i4 is solid as a rock :D

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=950074&highlight=home+button+wiggle
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=951593&highlight=home+button+wiggle
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=949415&highlight=home+button+wiggle

So... instead of getting pissy with someone, maybe a quick search could of answered your questions. I know the top 2 are from the same guy but the question has been asked. So who's the DH?

PLUS if you think it's an issue why don't you take it in and have apple check it out, no need to come into a forum for validation. Let the other nut drop and take care of your business.

11. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

OK now this is weird. My home button was slightly loose. As of now it is rock sold with no wiggle what so ever.:eek:

12. kaelell macrumors 6502

so it was soft and wiggly and now its stiff and hard?...........

.no comment.

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

oooh, err mrs :D