I think my monitor is dead!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RMD68, Jun 17, 2007.

1. RMD68 macrumors 6502

I have a 23" ACD and it has been troublesome since I bought it. For a while I had a problem where it would never turn off and the light blaring off of it would keep me up at night. I brought it in for servicing several times. Most times they told me there was no problem and two times I got it serviced. Now it seems it finally has died. It wont turn on at all. I tried unplugging it from all areas (the power cord to the surge protector, unplugging it from the brick, and unplugging the ACD cord from the back of the mac). I also tried plugging the power cord into another slot on the surge protector to no avail. I getting very tired with the problems with this monitor. Hopefully I can just get a new one but I don't know what I'm going to do in the meantime. I should still be protected under apple care but that might be almost up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Do you think I would have any luck on getting a discount from the 23" on a new 30" (just wishful thinking I guess but deserved after all the trouble it put me through).

2. RMD68 thread starter macrumors 6502

Any ideas on what I can do. I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Take it in to AC and see if they will replace it for you. Since the other two times it wasn't fix right.

4. RMD68 thread starter macrumors 6502

I took it down to the Apple Store this afternoon. After all the times I have gone and all the repairs it seems the power brick was at fault. I got it replaced under Apple Care and it seems to have done the trick. The monitor goes on when I need it to and it stays off when I want it to. This has been an annoyance for three years and I hope this finally does the trick.

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well good luck with it. Hope it works out for ya..