I think my phone is sycing all my photos twice

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natesac, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

alright, I have spent all night organizing 8 gigs worth of photos on my desktop PC.

I wanted to sync them to my iPhone 4 for showing off, all the pics I have ever taken with digital cameras.

I got all my pics in to nice neat little folders all named and organized.

I sync my phone and now I have them all on the phone.

BUT I also have an extra folder called "Photo Library" That has a copy of every single photo I have in all the folders.

How do I get rid of "Photo Library"? This is something either the phone or iTunes creates.

2. fhd4 macrumors member

there are no duplication ...

simply the Photo Library shows you all the photos together... without folders :)

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You can only sync one folder of photos. If you set up multiple folders to organize your photos within another folder, then they will sync twice. You need to put ALL the photos you want on your phone in ONE folder and sync just that one folder.

4. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

well I just went in and told itunes to only sync "selected folders" and then unchecked half of them. I watched the number of photos in the "Photo Library" drop dramatically. So its NOT syncing them twice.

I was worried cause after I organized all my photos (to avoid the "one big folder" ) I noticed that my photos were taking up more than double what it used to.

I figured out it was becasue I had it set to "include videos"

That added a few gigs. In playing with the iMovie app I created a lot of duplicates. I just have to go into my photos again and organize my "home movies"

ugg. I give up for the night.

thanks yall

5. fhd4 macrumors member

to confirm it ...

go to the settings >>> About

you find the number of photos on your phone ...which equals the the number of photos in the "Photo library" + "Camera Roll" Only ... (of course minus the videos) ...