I think people fail to see the concept of this site sometimes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Risco, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Looking at the posts here it seems to becoming more and more apparent that there an increasing amount of visitors not understanding the concept of this site, that being it is a rumours site.

Example:

1. Some makes a post about a Macbook Pro update after seeing something on another site
    2. Within a few posts someone replies, "I am sick of all these rumours!"

Another example:

1. Front page posts about there being a Apple TV
    2. Person replies, omg why do you keep posting this stuff! Lets here some facts!

I am sure you have seen these kind of posts. So I dunno what Macrumors can do about it lol!

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I stay in the Community sections, and therefore miss out of much of the fun of which you speak...

3. Lioncrazz macrumors member

Totally agree. I don't post much, but I think it's kinda fun to read all of the rumors and build that anticipation. There's so many negative posts though criticizing the op of said rumors.

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

[​IMG]

Read that second line. It's not a pa bad as you'd think.

5. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

Just because it's a rumors site doesn't mean the rumors are immune from criticism. That's part of why there are forums in the first place.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

The complaints about rumours doesn't bother me as much as when a thread that you are interested in suddenly becomes a spelling bee! This will then degenerate into a well this is the correct spelling/word in my country. Then finally it becomes the rest of the world verses the US! Some people miss the point of this site completely.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

What I am sick of:

-Stupid rumours that have absolutely no factual basis. If there's a rumour backed by some sort of credible source, by all means share it, but if your aunt's-cousin's-brother-who-lives-with-the-guys-who-work-in-the-building-where-Tim-Cook-had-his-car-washed-once, then for everyone's sake just keep it to yourself, it's undoubtedly a lie.

-People who rehash rumours that have been discussed to death. Search, then read, then post if there aren't already topics about it. Chances are, your question has been asked/answered already. Asking it again won't change the outcome.

-Idiots.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I don't need to buy new apple stuff all that often so the rumors aspect of this site has very limited use for me. I first joined MR because I had things to learn about my powerbook. I stayed for the community. That feel is all but gone but I seem to have a habit of returning anyway, just much less frequently than I did 5-6 years ago.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I think the problem comes from these rumors repeating the same thing 2-3 times with no real new info like the new sim card tray. You shouldn't repeat the same news with no real new difference on the front page.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

We return to watch the train derail. Everyone likes to watch a good car accident now and then.:p