I think the photos app still has a way to go

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ajiuo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

It's gotten better but it still needs a few things.

- People/faces syncing
    - The ability to tag a person, location, date manually..
    - The Ability to Hide/Disable and rearrange system photo albums
    - The ability to create locked/private photo albums that would hide them from everywhere... including "all photos" and require a passcode or touch ID to access.
    - The ability to add comments to both photos and albums
    - The ability to set the cover photo for an album
    - The ability to create smart albums based on criteria
    - Better sharing. If you use iCloud photo syncing you should just be able to mark an album as shared instead of having to create a duplicate album somewhere else.
    - Sorting options for "all photos"
    - Better integration between apps. If I click on a contact card. Maybe there should be a link at the bottom that goes to that person's people album... maybe there could be a layer in maps that you enable.

2. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

I distinctly remember hearing about this in regards to iOS 10. Was it in any of the betas or was it just dropped?

3. ajiuo thread starter macrumors 65816

As far as I can tell, no... I know you can edit the date on the Mac.

iOS automatically finds people and it automatically sets the location and date if you take the photo from the phone... but there's no way to tag a person manually and there's no way to edit the date or location without a third-party app... I don't think you can tag people even with a third-party app

4. bgro macrumors 65816

These are all great suggestions and would make the photos app top notch IMO

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

IMO, the face detection works way better than I expected it to. I hope they'll continue quality feature adds like this.

6. ajiuo thread starter macrumors 65816

It does work very well however it cannot detect somebody's face if it's not showing. So it would be nice to be able to tag a person manually...

7. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502

AMTYVLE

I am not a fan of the album layout in iOS 10. Any way to change it back to 'list view' like in previous iOS?

8. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

WinterWolf90

9. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Face detection is so so... I have 1 person with 2 different profile for face detection... Can't seem to merge them or anything real annoying if you ask me...

10. ajiuo thread starter macrumors 65816

You can merge people. hit select, select multiple people, then you should have a merge option.