I think we can safely say the iPhone wont be for sale on Monday!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

The iPhone may be announced on Monday, but I still think we have weeks to wait before they go on sale. No boxes have been delivered to o2, AT&T etc (we'd know about it with all the employees on here), the staff would have been told to make sure they are available to work on Monday and we would have just heard more things about a release of the iPhone on Monday.

My guess is that we here about it on Monday and it's released June 19th.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Cuz two months of iPhone non-availability would be a smart move.

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Im going to delibrately mock you for months if your wrong lol. Just for the sheer hell of it lol ;) :D

Thats been your sig for so so so so long!!

Then again, full praise for a very long time if you are right :D

6. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I am getting tired of everyone's guess on when they will be released. The can still be delivered today, Saturday, and anytime Monday morning.

Some real negative thinkers on MR.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

haha yeah SR...

But gloss...

First of all. You mean weeks.

Second of all. Apple needs to train and deploy these new iPhones to AT&T stores. This is easier said than done.

Trust me, it's June 27th. I'd kill myself if it wasn't. I've had that in my sig since February :D

8. kb152 macrumors member

why do people think all this training is necessary? :confused: the first gen iphone was simple enough for my grandmother to figure out. it's not like the new phone is going to be much more complicated.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, it's been unavailable at the online Apple Store and running extremely short at physical Apple Stores since the 10th of May, meaning that if they wait until the 27th of June, it will have been six weeks of severe shortages of one of their flagship products. Pretty shameful.

I'm personally putting my chips on end of next week or beginning of the week of the 15th.

10. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

These threads are humorous. I seriously believe some of you will spontaneously combust if you cant get your hands on an iphone on Monday.

Is it that important to you? If the release date is the 20th or 27th will you spend your time camped out in eager anticipation?

My vacation days are spent on the beach, where there are bikinis, not in line waiting.

11. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

You see, right, if it isn't the 27th...... are you going to post the video of that lol ;) :D

12. majinoo macrumors member

Maybee sooner , at&t is out of stock of Iphones too ...

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, but what happens when you try to do some multitouch gestures on the bikinis?

14. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Apple really doesn't give a ***** if your grandma knows how to work it out. The AT&T / Apple employees are the ones who need to KNOW and SELL the iPhone to make it work.

Not everyone walks into the AT&T store that planned on buying the iPhone. People go in their to buy a $100 phone and they end up getting the iPhone. There are many people who only know what the iPhone is, but not everything it does.

15. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Pre-order? It all depends on supply and demand. I'd put my name down if I knew it would be hard to get at the start.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I really just want a day to plan on, is all. I'll be happy if I can get a date and it's not 6 months away.

17. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

I will be taking my 3G iPhone to the beach, then we will see who's gonna be multi-touching any bikinis :cool:

18. hdguy20060207 macrumors newbie

Loonytik

Very funny about combustion - I nearly fell off my chair. You are right I think
    SJ will be public enemy #1 if he does not mention iPhone 3G on Monday.
    Given the fact that ATT employees cannot take vacation from June
    15th it is entirely possible that people will be able to order it right away
    on Monday but it will not be delivered or in stores till 15th.
    Apple will want to shut down the stores, do their marketing blitz and
    of course whip up mass frenzy

PS - Does anybody think there will be week 25,26,27 issues etc ?

19. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think we can safely say that we can't safely say anything much until Monday.

20. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Skil: ll bring candy, it will be welcomed.

Rosa: You bring your phone, ill bring the candy. You can toy with your phone, ill toy with the girls.

21. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

There's pictures of stacks and stacks of box's being loaded into a bunch of FedEx trucks. Deliverys will be Monday available for sale on Tuesday.;)

22. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

well said.

23. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Troll...

24. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

as much as i would love for the new iPhone to go on sale next week, i still think there is no way it will. the following week i think it will. the week of june 16th, sometime in the middle towards the end IMO.

25. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

for what its worth...............

during the march 6th townhall event Steve Jobs himself said that they wont be releasing 2.0 until late June........ i dont think he will release the 3G iphone without releasing 2.0.. and i dont think June 9th would qualify as late June.

[​IMG]