I thought iphone 5 was great until...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by italeki, Sep 28, 2012.

1. italeki macrumors regular

I am still waiting for my iPhone 5 patiently. I have invested on 2. I am just concerned. I just read an article where it stated the iPhone 5 has many problems. That its prone to scratches, lightning dock connector not supporting video or the iPod Out functions for transmitting data to some devices. Also that the iPhone is too light, making it feel like a toy. And that there have also been complaints that the screen bubbles and the phone leaks light on corners and crevices, especially in the dark. I might have done a great mistake in purchasing the iPhone 5. Not sure if I can still get a full refund. Maybe I might. They still have not delivered mine. I will call today.

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Okayyyyyy.......

3. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

Why do we need to hear this story. While the phone has problems, its still much better than the competition.

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

Okay well be sure to keep us posted. Not sure how you expect people to respond to these kind of threads. Good luck with your phone call, I guess...

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Please try to get a refund so you can free up supply for someone who actually wants one.

6. bobdigi macrumors regular

Do you make any personal decisions on your own, or do you ask the internet first? You cant let a very vocal small percentage of people sway your decisions. My iPhone 5 is superb.

7. kousuke18 macrumors regular

man you should at least wait until you get the phone and try it out before passing judgement. personally i haven't had any of the problems people have reported...

8. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

So you read an article, yep we should all stop trying to experience thing ourselves and just read an article. Way to go guy!

9. vaultwit macrumors regular

And if your particular iphone(s) come with none of these defects (which is likely the case)? Will it be considered great again?

10. iViet macrumors member

11. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Isn't there an old saying along the lines of "if you go seeking problems, you will always find them" or something like that?

12. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Please don't scare the OP away with all these negative comments. I for one will not be able to sleep until I know the outcome.

13. italeki, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I'm note sure who to believe. I am on the fence whether to cancel my order or not. What you guys think of the Galaxy 3?

14. Phanerothyme macrumors newbie

Do you even lift?

15. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I'll never understand how people make their mind up without ever touching no less using something.

16. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I didn't relize scratches and scuffs affected hardware performance.

17. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Why don't you just wait until you receive your iPhone before you criticize it so much. You're READING articles.

18. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

How about you have yours in hand before you come to any conclusions.

19. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

If your OCD syndrome is hard to overcome, you can exchange both of them.

20. KPOM macrumors G5

The "scratching" issue isn't particularly widespread. It got a lot of press the first day or so, but since then I haven't seen much. The 2 phones I got were flawless. If you get the phones and they have scratches, you can exchange them. Like anything else made of anodized aluminum, it can scratch, but then again the old iPhone had glass that easily shattered.

The iPod Out function is used by a handful of cars (mostly recent BMWs). Losing it isn't that big a deal.

For the record, the Galaxy S3 feels like a toy. Although it is slightly heavier, it is much bigger and made of plastic, so it has less "heft" to it. The iPhone 5 looks and feels a lot more premium.

21. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I did not cancel my order. I already have a tracking number. Let's see if the iPhone 5 is worth it. I guess "in blind faith" I truly believed the Apple conference event, which made it seem that the iPhone 5 was perfect, great and awesome. I guess if you're a good presenter, you can sell anything.

22. pragmatous macrumors 65816

So far I've seen 3 iphone 5's at work and I have yet to see any problems on them.

23. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I have an iPhone 5 and I have literally none of those problems. My phone is flawless and I couldn't be happier.

24. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Wow, go based on your own experience. If you don't have any issues of the stuff you're hearing, you're good.

My phone is perfect and just because I'm hearing all this negativity around doesn't mean I have to panic. Take a chill pill and relax. Everything is going to be ok. Best iPhone yet ! Don't worry. ;)