iPod I thought up a way of putting DVDs onto the iPod nano!

kondspi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
NC
I have devised a simple, yet effective method to put DVDs onto the iPod nano. I'd imagine it works with VCDs, Blu-Ray disks, and HD-DVDs as well.

It does not involve firmware hacking, physical hacking, iPodLinux, complicated UNIX/DOS code, or anything illegal, yet is incredibly simple and effective.

I believe that someone with absolutely no computer experience could do it.

Click this link or the one in my sig to see the YouTube video.

Thanks for viewing!

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
are you ten years old? there was not even a shred of funny to that. i actually feel sad now thinking that you actually planned, shot and posted that.... there must be something better you can do with your time.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
What a waste of 32 seconds. Had funny feeling that's what it would involve before I even clicked the link. :rolleyes:

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
are you ten years old? there was not even a shred of funny to that. i actually feel sad now thinking that you actually planned, shot and posted that.... there must be something better you can do with your time.
Yeah, no kidding. The saddest part is how proud you are of it. I would be embarasssed if it were me.
Now, if you really are 10 years old, then that's pretty clever.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
after careful analysis i can detect some humor. it is mainly driven by the implementation and the use of modern popular media. however the lack of originality takes away from the overall impact. therefore i could not laugh loudly. a silent chuckle seemed the appropriate response to me and was carried out in private at the time the video was watched.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
Good one, but someone actually did release a program that was on cnet and tuaw for a while, that doesnt involve hacking and you can get short movie clips to play on the iphone. it has something to do with the way the slideshows work and modifying that

Here

kondspi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
NC
Hey.

I do appreciate the positive feedback (although there wasn't much of it.)

If anybody out there is seriously disappointed with the fact that my post doesn't show you how to put video content from commercial DVD media onto the drive of the iPod nano and make it playable from an OS installed on the nano itself, then by all means PM me and we can discuss the finer points of iPodLinux, RockBox, Handbrake, ffmpegX, and UNIX terminal-based video conversion. Yes, I have managed to get video files to play on non-5G iPods, and yes, it took me a good few hours to do it and it will likely take you an equivalent amount of time.

There is no easy way to put DVDs onto the nano (besides mine!) and to those of you who were optimistic enough to believe, before you saw what I was actually doing in my video, that there is a method for doing what you were looking for in a few minutes with no mental strain: you are all in no position to call me silly.

And to those of you who didn't really know if the ridiculous feat that my language seemed to say I could do was possible or not, but, out of trust or respect for a fellow member of the MacRumors forum, jumped over to YouTube to take a look and were honestly disappointed and not at all tickled by my video, please consider it your prerogative to PM me a 32-second "dumb" YouTube video of your own, and have me watch it, so that justice (of the poetic kind, anyway) is served for the 32 seconds of your life undeservedly wasted. And please accept my humble apology.

By the way, I'm nine and a half.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I think I hear the wasteland calling... :rolleyes:

Oh, and get rid of that stupid huge font off your signature.