i unlocked an unlocked 3gs and now its in recovery..please HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kenyacowboy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. kenyacowboy macrumors newbie

i am one of the idiots using iphoneunlockuk, and recently was offered the os4 upgrade, i logged in and accidentally unlocked an already unlocked 3gs,it now shows attach to itunes screen.
    The guys from iphoneunlockuk, have said that i must now wait for the os4 unlock to come out as that will be the only way to recover my phone, i have paid for this upgrade but they still have not offered it, but have taken my money, can someone please let me know how to get my iphone up and running again, they told me to not try the unlock again as it will turn phone into brick, but to wait for OS4??? Please help, i live in Kenya and 3gs costs over $1000 here, i need my baby back....

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats what happens when you pay scammers for unlocks.
    Like they told you just gotta wait for 4.0 JB and unlock now.
    And next time dont pay for JB and unlocks that are free and never update a software unlocked iphone thru itunes.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can try kicking your phone out of recovery mode using RecBoot. If that won't get you out of recovery mode, the only thing you'll be able to do is restore to 4.0.1 and wait for the official release.

When it becomes possible to jailbreak unlock 4.0.1, you will find the tools completely free at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/. If you need help, you can always ask for it here. Please don't ever give those scam artists your money again.

4. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

According to iClarified you can JB and UL 4.0 on 3GS. Just make sure to use pnwaged if you had your iPhone originally JB and UL via Spirit

www.iclarified.com see on tutorials....

BTW never pay for something that is FREE according to its creators *DevTeam

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

current 4.0 jailbreak on 3GS requires that the phone was previously jailbroken. next Jailbreak should work on 4.0