I use iCal & Sync w/ Google Cal; How Can I Let My Boss View My Schedule?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Jul 3, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68030

HappyDude20

Obtaining my old job back, this time around i'd like to let my boss view my overall schedule so that way he can plan my upcoming work weeks accordingly.

In the past, I would need to notify him at least 2 weeks in advance before setting aside time off; whether it be a day of volunteering, a day at the beach or simply a day to get away from it all...Admittedly, things fell through the cracks at times.

This time around I'd like for my boss to see my upcoming commitments so he can not book me at said times and there be no discrepancy about it.

I use iCal on my Mac and iPhone..and sync using Google Sync.

Just wondering what the best solution is...and any other advice along the way.

Cheers!

2. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0l-YuKYuhU&feature=player_embedded

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I've setup a similar system for someone, If your boss has an iPhone, he can add the calendar as a GMail account, but turn off e-mail & contacts (while leaving calendar on)

Make sure you create an entirely separate Google account for this however, you can add it to your own iPhone.

You can also add it to Macs by setting it up as a CalDav server I believe. If the boss uses Windows, there is also Google Calendar Sync for MS Outlook.

Hope this helps.