I used appdelete and my mac went on default setting and wont load my user account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tfrod, Aug 2, 2009.

1. tfrod macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm almost in a panic and would appreciate any help. I have a MacBook (2007) and never had a problem till today.

I used AppDelete to uninstall parallels. I lost internet so had to restart my wifi. As I was logging onto my wifi (pw is usually on keychain), i was asked for the pw. Then it asked to go on default. Why I clicked OK is beyond me.

I had to restart and my desktop, documents, dock and other settings were gone and my trash would delete immediately (as opposed to keeping it on the trash).

After some time, I found my files under MacHD>Users. Whew! My files were there! BUT, even when I log in using the right user/pw, it wouldn't load.

My dilemma:

1) I can't figure out how to make my mac load my account user name and salvage my apps. I've already backed-up my files. Can someone tell me how to make this work?

2) If I re-install the OS, my problem is saving my MS Office. I bought my Macbook from a local distributor and it had Office pre-installed. I don't have the CD or the Serial #. I can probably borrow an installer CD but I'd like to still use my original (and authentic) MS Office apps. Is there a way to find this?

Any help would really really be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Oh btw, can the explanation be in layman's terms? :eek:

Timi

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

how many folders are in /Users/ ? Only the folder with your username (which has your old files)?

3. tfrod thread starter macrumors newbie

I only had one folder (one user). Thanks!

4. boast macrumors 65816

boast

and going to System Settings > Accounts > Right clicking your user name and advanced options the home directory is correct?