I used my MacBook Pro to kill a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowNol

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
We have an unwanted guest in our house. I heard him running around in my room last night, but I didnt do anything about it. Whenever I try hunting the little guy, he just runs into another room or into some hiding spot.

Last night I was using my MBP in bed and I decided it was time to sleep. I closed the lid and went to place the MBP on the floor. When I went to put it down I heard something make a noise and it felt like my MBP was on top of something. At that point I forced my MBP down as hard as a could trying to kill the mouse.

The end result was a minor dent on both the left and right side of my mac (from where i was gripping it so hard). and some scratches on the bottom where the mouse was trying to escape.
:(

Didnt want to do it.

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
We have an unwanted guest in our house. I heard him running around in my room last night, but I didnt do anything about it. Whenever I try hunting the little guy, he just runs into another room or into some hiding spot.

Last night I was using my MBP in bed and I decided it was time to sleep. I closed the lid and went to place the MBP on the floor. When I went to put it down I heard something make a noise and it felt like my MBP was on top of something. At that point I forced my MBP down as hard as a could trying to kill the mouse.

The end result was a minor dent on both the left and right side of my mac (from where i was gripping it so hard). and some scratches on the bottom where the mouse was trying to escape.
:(

Didnt want to do it.

Is this the first confirmed Mac based fatality? I have to tip my hat to you; I wouldn't want the little guy causing damage to my beloved "bad-boy" pro. Have you informed steve of the new found versatility of your MBP?

Habitus :apple:

dbwie

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
This would be a good use for a PC tower. Plug it in, put a piece of cheese in it, and leave the PCI slot covers off. When the mouse comes in, the motherboard will inevitably be fryed, taking the mouse with it.

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
This would be a good use for a PC tower. Plug it in, put a piece of cheese in it, and leave the PCI slot covers off. When the mouse comes in, the motherboard will inevitably be fryed, taking the mouse with it.
Geez, that would be way sweet. Expensive maybe, but sweet.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
That is quite cruel and totally unnecessary.

And as the post above said you would never get me doing that with my BBP.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Couldn't do that with a PC? That sucks... but at least you got him.
You'd have to have the correct version of Windows 7. Home Premium could handle a mouse, but you'd need Professional for a larger rodent (e.g. a rat). For something like an opossum, don't even think about trying anything less than Ultimate.

The great thing about Mac OS...one version can kill all your household pests.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Pictures are needed of the dented MBP. You can skip the pictures of the deceased mouse :(
Why are we skipping the pictures of the squished mouse? If the act is "funny", then the pictures should be fine too.

Just so you know, the neurology of a mouse, being a mammal, is very similar to our own. That's why they are used in medical studies (and then humanely euthanized). The pain this mouse experienced as it's organs and bones were crushed is probably similar to what a human would experience.

upinflames900

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
You'd have to have the correct version of Windows 7. Home Premium could handle a mouse, but you'd need Professional for a larger rodent (e.g. a rat). For something like an opossum, don't even think about trying anything less than Ultimate.

The great thing about Mac OS...one version can kill all your household pests.
That is probably the funniest things I have heard in awhile. Great analysis! :cool:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Pics or it didn't happen.
Sure it did. I once swatted a UFO with my iMac. Luckily I've never owned a Dell. That would have caused a retaliatory annihilation of the Earth.

You see? This is why everyone here needs to club together to buy me a new Mac every couple of years. It's for your own good.

P.S. That poor little rodent didn't need to die. Couldn't you have laid a trail of M&Ms out to the garden shed like in ET?

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Nice work! Although I can't see Apple venturing off into the rodent killing business too soon.... they'd risk getting all their lovely white products dirty.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Sure it did. I once swatted a UFO with my iMac. Luckily I've never owned a Dell. That would have caused a retaliatory annihilation of the Earth.

You see? This is why everyone here needs to club together to buy me a new Mac every couple of years. It's for your own good.

P.S. That poor little rodent didn't need to die. Couldn't you have laid a trail of M&Ms out to the garden shed like in ET?

The candy used in ET was Reese's Pieces. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.