I want a 64g BUT....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tammster, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

If they don't have a 64g available Friday but I can get a 32g can I buy that and return the 32g when 64g is available (hopefully within 30 days)?

I'll just hold off on loading my music.

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Maybe.

But people like you just screw up the whole thing. You take a 32g that somebody else would be happy with. They are screwed.

Apple/dealer now has a return that has to go through the refurb process and then be sold eventually as a refurb.

Buy what you want, when it is available.

3. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

So instead I should be screwed?? It's not like I'm buying a bunch to resell to make a profit. :(

The process works fine... Someone will need that refurb one day.

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

if your buying from apple isn't it 14 days?

edit: 14 days for Mac 30 days for iPhone.

5. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

If it's such a huge desire, then go through with it.
    But I think the hassle is much less for everyone if you just waited, or better yet, stay up and have your order ready for the minute that it's available, pretty sure you'll get it without issue.

6. Tammster, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

I will do that for sure. Also reserved at a Radio Shack.

Thank you for a fair response. I didn't think it was a big deal and didn't expect a prejudiced and insulting response. Guess I learned the hard way.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Just get what you want and don't get one with the intention of returning it. It won't kill you to wait for a few days by ordering online if local stores don't have what you really want.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

You could try but I doubt there will be any 64 gb available for a while.. At least not during your return period.

9. Commy1, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I hope you get it =)
    Metta,

10. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

Thank you, so do I.

It was just a thought... Guess a stupid one. :/

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Why worry? The 64GB is the slowest seller because it costs the most. The 16GB is the fastest seller because everyone wants a status item and no one's checking what size their status item is.

The other factor is your carrier. Sprint sells less 64GB iPhones than AT&T. We just picked up an iPhone 5 64GB for my wife three weeks ago. It was sitting in the Apple stockroom since November 2012.

12. Kurso macrumors 6502

I would advise against it. There is no guarantee you will get a 64GB within the return time.

Effectively you would be going out of your way, creating extra work for yourself to not get what you want. In fact you will be going out of your way to make sure someone else doesn't get what they want.

But if it's that important to you... do it, but don't tell anyone. You will get lots of hate.

13. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

That's become clear.

Thanks. :)

14. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

16gb fastest seller because it's not worth paying that premum price Apple charge for extra storage.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, I get that. I'm coming from a different perspective though. I'm used to devices that can take Micro SD cards. I could always plug in a bigger SD card if I needed more space.

I can't do that with the iPhone and whatever capacity I choose, I will be stuck with on contract for two years. So, I'd rather pay a premium to have the maximum space I can get, even if I may never use it all. Better more than not enough.

When Apple finally gets around to 128GB storage in the iPhone that will be the capacity I buy.

Just what I do. Others are different of course.