I want a battery meter built into the hardware on the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beardsley84, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Beardsley84 macrumors newbie

I'd like to see some sort led battery meter akin to that which is built into the side of the Mac Books. I think it would be handy to press a button or perhaps both of the volume buttons simultaneously and have a bar of led lights illuminate down the side to indicate the power level of the phone. Some might say "that's what the one on the screen is for" but it would be quicker and more descrete than illuminating the whole screen.

Who's with me?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Would it be cool? Sure. But I am sure Apple would rather use the space for something else. It's already just as easy to wake your phone and check your battery percentage (which is presented with a much greater degree of accuracy than a series of 5 or so LEDs).

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The insides of the phone are cramped enough as it is... I'd rather any extra room (and costs) be used towards making the phone better, not for a simple gimmick.

It's needed on laptops because they're often sleeping or turned off... which is extremely rare for phones.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

My phone has a % right on the main screen. I do not have to push some googfy set up buttons.

And, a set of LED lights would be less helpful anyway.