I want a portable loudspeaker with AirPlay and Battery

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by carlsson, Jul 18, 2012.

1. carlsson macrumors regular

carlsson

I'm in the search for a portable loudspeaker that fullfils the following:
    - Portable.
    - Works on batteries as well as normal wall power outlets.
    - AirPlay compatible as well as docking station.
    - Good sound and bass.

Ie, just like the Harman Kardon Go Play 2, but also with AirPlay.

I have googled to death, to no avail.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Why not get an iPod Touch or some other iOS device as cheaply as possible, and then attach it to whatever speakers you desire, like the Go Plays. Then use Airfoil to beam music from your Macs or iOS devices to it. Might be cheaper than Airplay enabled speakers. Or use an Airport Express and the same software (the problem with it being no battery power).

3. mpugh66 macrumors newbie

My friend, do yourself a favor and check out the Beolit 12. It's portable, has a built in battery, uses AirPlay as well as being able to hook up to your iPod touch with a provided cord, and it sounds incredible. You charge it with a cord that comes with it the first time for about 8 hours and it lasts at least that long. The portability to me was a key factor in choosing this speaker but when I heard it I was blown away that something so small could produce sound like it does. I bought it at the Apple Store and they have a 14 day return policy if you decide you don't like it. My first speaker wouldn't take a charge so I called the company, told them what was up, they apologized and said to take it back to where I bought it. I have not had any problems with be second speaker. The only drawback is the price $800. That being the case I would still buy another one. Please check it out.

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

You had me sold until that...