i want an iphone 4, i can buy one, but i can't at the same time... !!!!!! PISSED OFF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utneon, Feb 21, 2011.

1. utneon macrumors regular

So, a small introduction:

24year old from Portugal, i've wanted an iPhone from long, now that my nokia broke at it's 4th year i'm going to buy an iPhone 4. My carrier is Vodafone Portugal but actually they're out of stock for the 16GB version and already passed 3 weeks since i made a reservation on all 5 vodafone stores on my city.

I don't understand how could this be possible, my girlfriend was able to get an iPhone 4 easily at Vodafone 1 month ago, but she also got lucky because the store seller told her it was the last one. Seems like it hasn't been stocked in again since that.

Could this be because of an iminent release of White iPhone 4 or simply's out of stock?

I don't really care for the color, the first one i'm able to buy i will do it.

how ridiculous... :mad::mad::mad:

2. nukem170 macrumors member

Just relax and wait. Obviously they will bring new stocks soon. But if you really want you can buy an unlocked one online (ebay for example) and just put a sim card on it.

3. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Or buy the 32GB version, the increase in space is worth the extra money.

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

patience. You'll get it soon enough.
    Then you'll be frustrated at the iPhone 5!

5. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

you could always try ebay if none of your stores get it back in stock

6. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

the problem is that i can't go ebay since i want it in contract because of the 1gb internet. about the 15gb, well, personally i don't think 100 extra are worth it just because i had an ipod touch 4g for 4 months with 32gb and din't use even half of it =/

i'm left with no other option than waiting :( i hope i don't get the white one=P

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All you can do is wait.
    If they're out of stock there isnt much you can do.
    I doubt you will get a white one since its not even available yet. If you reserved one then I hope they do have your name and contact info to notify you when they get more in.

8. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

They have phones in Portugal?

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

just wait for it they should get some, if no the new iPhone 5/wt-ever should be out around 4-5 months from now. :cool:

Quick question, how has the legalization of all types drugs affected your country? would you say it has lowered crimes, accidents and deaths like they say on the news?

10. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Do qual parte de Portugal vem? O meh irmão vai para a cidade de Porto em Maio.

11. himesh macrumors regular

Can you not buy one directly from Apple in Portugal and then get a micro-sim from Vodafone?

12. hdmdc macrumors newbie

No since there is no Apple store in portugal.

utneon, the only way i was able to buy a iphone 4 in portugal, was to check by myself all vodafone stores near me, they dont keep their stock numbers, so basically what they do is sell them when they arrive.
    If you live near lisbon your best shoot would be checking their main building, or check the forums(montijo, barreiro, etc)

As last alternative, you can always buy a unlocked iphone from a apple store in spain.

13. JohnBossu macrumors member

in Netherlands you'll wait for 2-3 weeks if your lucky, if your not lucky enough, or you live in the area that demand for iphone is high you can wait for 6 weeks to 2 months. So my advice is to be patient with yourself

14. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I'm proud to be from the united states because we have been in full stock of iPhones since august 2010.

15. nukem170 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Well you should be able to get a contract even if you don't buy the phone from them. But then again if you are going to be paying monthly for a contract you just might as well buy the phone too. But depending on what you do with your phone the extra space probably isn't worth it. I have a 16gb 3GS and I don't use half the space.

16. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

i hope you're not from usa, because if you are, you may be ignorant. portugal is the country with most phone per head in the world. well that's not a good thing, but at least don't show your bliss ignorance

17. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

those new laws haven't affected portugal at all

18. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

from coimbra =)

19. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

i have 5 stores in coimbra. i've been doind that since 2 weeks ago :) seems like there's only the 32gb version.

20. iRance macrumors regular

Trolls gon' troll.

21. pricej636 macrumors 6502

As said above, if you can afford it buy the 32GB model. I ran out of space on my 16GB almost immediately. My next phone will be 32GB.

22. mallom macrumors regular

Meu brother, a melhor coisa que vc tem a fazer é esperar mesmo... A demanda pelo iphone é muito alta, é normal que as lojas fiquem out of stock.

Boa sorte! :)

23. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Why don't you hop over to Spain and buy the iPhone there?

24. elan123 macrumors 6502

just buy it somewhere else... ebay, craigslist, etc...

25. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

you lie there was a wait ........:D