i want my PB!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bursty, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. bursty macrumors 65816


    Jan 31, 2004
    i was just about to make the purchase before this weekend, then i read in the rumors/news section about a possible price drop or a power bump.....should i wait a week and see, or go for it now? its not that i neccessarily need it now, i just want it soo badly! :D
  2. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

    May 24, 2003
    Depends on how badly you need it.

    I would say wait for a week, but no longer. Some rumors just don't happen.
  3. James Craner macrumors 68000

    James Craner

    Sep 13, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    You just never know with Apple when the next update will come, most are expecting updates to PowerMac and iMac before Powerbooks. Given that Apple likes to spread these out, so that it has news over an extended period, my guess is a speedbump to the PowerBook in March. We are not likely to see G5's in the Powerbook until the 3rd or 4th Quarter IMO.
  4. pdrayton macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Based on my experience I say if you like the PowerBook, want the PowerBook and the PowerBook meets your needs then ignore the rumors and buy it now.
  5. Icekey macrumors member

    Oct 14, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    I suggest you get it. I just got my brother to go get me one today. Said it came with iLife 04 update discs. There wont' be any speed or hardware upgrades. Trust me. It's just not possible, especially since the demand of the current models are great. Maybe there is a price drop, but you'll be guaranteed a refund of the difference anyway if it's within 10 days of buying it
  6. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a


    Apr 10, 2003
    i am in the same position you are. i would say wait for a week or so and see if the rumors materialize.

    also, what are your computing needs? if the present model will handle them, they just go ahead and buy. i am sure you are like me, however, fearing that if you buy now, a better version will be out in a week or two. that would not be cool.

Share This Page