I want the 5S, just not with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Sep 19, 2013.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

Anyone else feel this way? I've used it up until beta 6 on my 4S and I just really hate it. Used it for a solid month. Anyone wish they had an option of getting a 5S with iOS 6? I wish Apple would continue to update iOS 6.

Anyway, it's really unfortunate that for the first time in years I'm not upgrading to the next major Apple iOS version. After reading these forums, it looks like I made the right decision by not upgrading to iOS 7. Seems like its still pretty buggy.

2. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

And Apple is so sad to see you are not upgrading ...

3. timize macrumors regular

timize

How can you make that determination after using a beta? And you can't judge an entire OS on what others are saying because each phone is different on how it handles the OS, as well as how you're upgrading (whether you're doing a full restore or upgrading with an iCloud backup, etc.)

I'm running iOS 7 GM with no issues. Then again, I have an iPhone 5 and performed a full restore with no backup.

4. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

I feel the same way... I have used iOS 7 and really don't like it... It's not just the bugs, it's the design as well...

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

6. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

And why should they be... And why should anyone care how apple feels...

7. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

I've used the Betas and it was awful. I've see the GM and it was OK. Nothing worthy to brag about. I didn't necessarily say the bugs in it are the reason I don't like it. It's the icons, look, colors, and mostly the animations.

8. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I had a really big interest in the 5s...until I used IOS 7. It really is not easy on the eyes...which is a pretty big deal. I know everything is preference, but it just seems "sloppy" and that is odd considering they went flat.

10. Alrescha macrumors 68020

This is the first time ever that I am not upgrading iOS right away, and I've owned an iPhone since the beginning. I've always loved the deep colors and the level of detail in the icons and interface, so I see the change as a sad loss. I'm not fond of pastels, and I find transparency distracting and annoying (I have friends who like semi-transparent terminal windows - I think they're nuts).

The new features and functionality in iOS 7 are great, and I'll upgrade when Mavericks is out to take advantage of iCloud keychain. Till then, I'm sticking with iOS 6.

A.

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

If you haven't figured this out yet, BETA's are always buggy, and that's why they are beta's. This is where the team figures out what needs to be fixed. Just cannot understand your limited thinking on this.

Guess what ? Next year Apple will have iOS 8 Beta's to, and they will be buggy. What are you going to do then ? :confused:

12. Baytriple macrumors 6502

The design is just nasty. It's like a 1st years app developer attempt.

13. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

There's plenty of options on the market. Maybe wait for the Nexus 5? At least that runs stock Android and not the skinned butchered atrocities that the manufactures deploy to their phones.

14. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Apple knew when they made such a BIG change in their OS that there would be haters and lovers. Heck they can't do anything without some hating and complaining.

BUT, iOS7 is here to stay. They will tweak it and make improvements to it. I am not so interested in how it "looks" and more interested in how WELL it works. SO far I see some features that I really like.

For me the positives in iOS7 greatly out number the negatives.

All of this complaining and b|tching is all part of the "process" and I predict that in 6 months or so it will all calm down.

15. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol

16. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

woooosh!

17. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, of course betas will be awful. But when there is LITTLE to no improvement in the GM, yes GM, then there is an issue. That was the point.

----------

Yes, it almost looks too plain. I don't know why they did that. I never complained about the iOS 6 look. I actually liked it.

18. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

device slowed down after iOs7, keyboard still legacy

Any development/improvement that does not reduce performance in any area but only adds to it is welcome.

After installing iOs7, I found my iPad and iPad mini slowed down considerably, almost like they hang momentarily. The contrast of font and background, make reading the names of Apps a bit difficult. I will not be upgrading my parents and in-laws iPads.

I was also disappointed that Apple did not make any changes to the text input/keyboard. They should have provided the third party swype system. It would have brought many Android phone users to iPhone 5S. I use an Android and for me, my phone is a workhorse while traveling and i have to input text and respond to e-mails. The current iOs text input is a dinosaur. A pity, Apple did not do anything on the keyboard/text input front. It was deal breaker for me and I may have to settle for an upgrade from SGS2 to SGS4.

19. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I do not understand as I updated my iPhone 5 and both a iPad 3 and 4 and I find things to be as fast if not a little faster. There is no doubt that Safari is faster on both iPad and iPhone. I assume you have tried rebooting and resetting as I have heard several say it made a difference