i want this for the next iPhone screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x-evil-x, May 28, 2012.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

3. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

ill be a little upset if they keep the same size for the next phone. i think a lot of people will.

4. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I absolutely could see a 5" retina display down the road. The key however is to make the home button a software key a la Galaxy Nexus and to essentially eliminate the entire bezel surrounding the screen with the exception of perhaps just a little for the camera and a place to rest your hands. A lot of people don't realize that the 4S is 5" diagonally top to bottom.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

6. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

That's what he wanted her to say. ;)

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I think a 5" display is ridiculous for a smartphone. I saw a commercial (haven't seen one in public yet...) for the Galaxy Note and the guy took a phone call and put the Note to his ear and it looked ridiculous, I'd probably be embarrassed to use that thing to make calls. Not to mention it's likely uncomfortable.

That display will likely drain battery like crazy, I'd rather keep the ppi around 300 which makes it easy to read things as well as watch videos (I doubt many people use their smartphone as primary device for tv shows and movies on a daily basis..).

A 4-4.3" display should be fine for the next iPhone if Apple can maintain a good resolution and not increase the size of the phone too much (ie. decrease bezel size).

8. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

People said it was ridiculous that Apple made a phone. Just saying.

Anything is possible with Apple :apple:

I believe Apple will truly surprise us this year. As one of the many iPhone 4 users, the 4S was what you could say.. lacking :rolleyes:

9. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

No bezel does look better but not practical. It's so your palm and fingers don't touch the screen by accident. Screen is also too big. 3.5-4in display for a phone is perfect. As for the ppi, that is the only impressive part.

10. barryl85 macrumors regular

Why would you need more pixels on a screen than a human eye can even distinguish?

Technically you could have 1million ppi but surely it would still look as good as the iPhone 4 screen because you can't see individual pixels from a certain distance.

11. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

The next phone to have that screen will be my phone. Don't care if it's android, iOS. Or even windows.

12. omgitswes Guest

13. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I was going to ask the same thing. What's the point of shattering the "retina display" pixel density?

14. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Me too. People who bought that thing most likely allowed themselves to be suckered in by the hype in a weak moment or something.