I want to be a student at Seton Hill University!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by firteen888, Mar 30, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you do know that the students are paying for that right?

I would much rather not be forced to buy something

2. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

You beat me to it...lol

3. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

This is so funny to me, because when I was in high school and we went to college fairs, Seton Hill was always there off in a corner, with Seton Hall in a more prominent position. Everyone always knew Seton Hall, as it is a pretty reputable school, and people would go to their stands a lot more than the Seton Hill one. You'd always hear people saying things like "Don't they mean Seton Hall?" , "Who the hell is that?" or "They're copying Seton Hall!" I know it's off topic, but it brought back a funny memory for me.

I guess at the college fairs now, they can put up a big sign saying "Seton Hill: We give out iPads and Seton Hall doesn't" (even though we secretly jacked up the tuition over the summer to compensate for it)

4. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

That college is down the street from where I grew up. It used to be an all girls school, and now they give away iPads......coincidence???

5. francisq macrumors member

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Well that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread title.

Nothing is free.

The fee will be made up somewhere else. Trust

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

If they don't make it mandatory, then it won't fall under student aid. Learn a little bit before posting nonsense like this.

8. zipa macrumors 65816

I suppose that the curriculum will only consist of iTunes approved courses, right?

9. shujin macrumors member

I live really close to Seton Hill about 20 mins away and its not that great. No engineering, and its kind of expensive. Well the school I go to is expensive too. Although them giving students ipads is pretty cool.

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

11. obey908 macrumors 6502a

It will be worked into a tuition increase, learn a little before posting nonsense

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Except I have been through the college experience and realize nothing is free. Look for increased fees and whatnot..

To believe otherwise is "nonsense" as you say:rolleyes:

Or do you really believe in a free lunch? I'm curious

13. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

iTunes U, The University develops a customized curricula, even the professors can provide custom content through the system. It is really nice!

14. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

No, you're completely missing the point. Of course it gets paid for, and as an increase in overall fees. In fact, I never claimed to the contrary. So not only do you need to learn, you apparently need help with reading comprehension now too.

Let me state again: Unless they make it *mandatory* for all students, then students on financial aid would not be able to apply for a loan or aid to purchase one, in which case poor (or relatively less well off) students would in all likelihood NOT be able to buy one.

That really a situation you want to have on campus?

Student loans and financial aid are measure against actual, specified, mandatory fees and tuition - and nothing else. Ergo, unless something is included as mandatory in the fee structure, you cannot get financial aid toward that thing. Full stop.

15. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I actually considered going here but chose otherwise, it's about a 5 minute drive from my house haha