I want to believe this is legit but is it really?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dukeace2094, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

That's one of those retarded sites that you have to complete xyz to earn a product. Half of the time you have to go to great lengths to fully qualify, the other half of the time they invalidate some of your "entries" for petty things.

You WILL get a ton of spam if you sign up.

3. dukeace2094 thread starter macrumors regular

4. bsblvnv macrumors regular

Seriously??? Nothing in this world worth having is free. So I doubt it. His iPad really looks legit. But I am sure there are quite a few people with them already. People that work for UPS, or other companies who have handled them. Also he could have taken a video and just dubbed his voice over the audio. This has to be fake don't believe it.

5. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I doubt he actually "has" an iPad. Only a few select people/companies got an iPad to preview it. No company or person has one that they can sell or give away until Sat at the earliest.

6. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

This guy has made other fake videos like this already.

He just takes videos and records his voice over them. He doesn't really have an ipad.

There was one of his other videos posted here a few days ago. The video he used was from engadet or gizmodo from the preview session after the keynote. He just took their video and recorded his voice over it to get people to think he made the video.

It's all lies.

7. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

I love how its called "Apple iPad Hands On Overview - Pros and Cons", but he only describes how amazing the iPad is and to click that stupid link.

8. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

It's a total scam. He just doctored one of the release day videos and added his own voiceover.

You can notice the table background is the same one from all the release day vids and you can also see someone elses hand reach in and demo something on the screen while he is supposedly using it.

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'm pretty sure that that's a video of the iPad's periodic table app with that guy's voice over it. Most likely "sort of a scam", though I do know one person who has had good luck with those kind of sites. Still, I wouldn't advise giving away all of your information so you recieve spam in the mail and calls even if you use a different email address for this. I wouldn't recommend trying.

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

The funny thing is the guy will make enough to buy 100 iPads off that stupid stunt.

11. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I was looking at one of these iPad scam sites the other day, some of the 'promotions' you have to sign up for are nuts.

Sure, signing up for Netflix and Gamefly and such are no big deal, but for their 'premium' promotions (which you have to do 2 of by the way) require you spending $1500 at like HOM Furniture or buying $2000 worth of airplane tickets from Expedia or something.

Yeah...drop $3000 to try to get a free iPad...or just cough up the $500.:rolleyes:

12. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Lol, thats the exact same thing I thought when I first saw his page. Supposedly is a review but no where does he mention anything about the ipad specifically. If he had it then why not show off some of the cool things it can do?

Simple, because he doesnt have one! All he talks about is how you can get a "free" ipad, which is bull crap. I really hope no one is dense enough to fall for such a stupid trick.

13. DopeyFish macrumors regular

14. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.