I want to buy a macbook pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CoreyHa, Apr 25, 2012.

1. CoreyHa macrumors newbie

But, I want to watch dvd's, browse the web and so on, but I don't know if I should wait for the new pro, and sacrifice the drive or, just buy now? I mean for all I'm really doing do I neeeed the extra power? Though it would be nice to have a thinner more portable mac.

help me out.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Buy what you need, when you need it. It's a pointless effort to chase the "next update", since you don't know for certain what it will include, and there will always be a "next update" coming, no matter when you buy.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

If the new 13" MBP does not have an internal drive you could always get an external one.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Once the 2012 is announced the cost of the 2011 will drop. Also a consideration, if finances is a major aspect.

5. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Don't start to take fools out of people. ;) MBA 13" doesn't have it, its portable and so on, and MacBook Pro has that thing, which is a bit less portable but have all the capabilities. I don't thing that they will kill it this or next year. Maybie late 2013 will not have it. We will see.

6. CoreyHa thread starter macrumors newbie

true! thanks!

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

This. If you don't like the new models you could always buy a discounted or refurbished 2011 model. In fact if you really need to buy a laptop right now I would go with a refurbished model over paying full price for a model about to be replaced.