Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantom555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
New York City
i have both at&t and verizon accounts. I want to buy the new iPad air and want to buy it on the best service with the best speeds. i am livening new york city so i was wondering if buying the iPad on either of the companies make a difference. i do travel to south jersey quite often if that matters. let me know.

thank you for your input in advance.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Do speed tests with your existing hardware and see what's faster for where you're the most. You really can't go wrong in NYC with AT&T or Verizon.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
i have both at&t and verizon accounts. I want to buy the new iPad air and want to buy it on the best service with the best speeds. i am livening new york city so i was wondering if buying the iPad on either of the companies make a difference. i do travel to south jersey quite often if that matters. let me know.

thank you for your input in advance.

Since you already have BOTH ATT and Verizon account, you should be the best person to answer your own question. You should have better idea than others whether ATT or Verizon has better coverage and speed.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
I personally like AT&T but you can't go wrong with either. Also consider a wifi model with tethering.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Personally I prefer ATT for pure speed. It also depends on location; for example where my stomping grounds are I usually have great access to LTE.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Completely dependent on your area. I love T-Mo but between those two Verizon is *much* better in my area. I can't say whats better in yours.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I think when it comes to LTE, I prefer coverage over speed assuming u don't have unlimited data.

It is not like having internet at home where speed is priority.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Dude, it's an ipad.

Buy a verizon model and try it out for a month. Get an AT&T SIM, put it in the ipad and try out AT&T's data for a month. Choose which you prefer.

Easy peasy.

PharmDoc

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2010
I have a verizon iPad 3 and the main reason I chose it in 2012 was for the hotspot capability. I don't know if att has this now but I needed that for travel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.