Resolved i want to buy iPad air not sure if att or verizion is the way to go

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msarway, Nov 9, 2013.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have both at&t and verizon accounts. I want to buy the new iPad air and want to buy it on the best service with the best speeds. i am livening new york city so i was wondering if buying the iPad on either of the companies make a difference. i do travel to south jersey quite often if that matters. let me know.

thank you for your input in advance.

2. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Do speed tests with your existing hardware and see what's faster for where you're the most. You really can't go wrong in NYC with AT&T or Verizon.

3. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Since you already have BOTH ATT and Verizon account, you should be the best person to answer your own question. You should have better idea than others whether ATT or Verizon has better coverage and speed.

4. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I personally like AT&T but you can't go wrong with either. Also consider a wifi model with tethering.

5. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Personally I prefer ATT for pure speed. It also depends on location; for example where my stomping grounds are I usually have great access to LTE.

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i use at&t have been for a while. i find they have the north east pretty much blanketed with LTE.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Completely dependent on your area. I love T-Mo but between those two Verizon is *much* better in my area. I can't say whats better in yours.

8. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I think when it comes to LTE, I prefer coverage over speed assuming u don't have unlimited data.

It is not like having internet at home where speed is priority.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Dude, it's an ipad.

Buy a verizon model and try it out for a month. Get an AT&T SIM, put it in the ipad and try out AT&T's data for a month. Choose which you prefer.

Easy peasy.

10. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

I have a verizon iPad 3 and the main reason I chose it in 2012 was for the hotspot capability. I don't know if att has this now but I needed that for travel.