I want to buy iPhone 6 accessories without waiting in line...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by robaroo, Sep 18, 2014.

1. robaroo macrumors regular

I preordered the iPhone 6 plus and it should be arriving tomorrow. But I was not able to preorder the leather case or the silicone case. Wondering Could I go to an Apple store tomorrow at opening and buy just the accessories without having to wait in line?

They might force me to the back of the line, and it would seem fair because I imagine all the people waiting in line will also be buying accessories. But what's the likelihood that they might let me buy the case without having to stand in line?

I know in past years they've let a couple of people in at a time without waiting in line as long as they were not buying an iPhone but I'm not sure if that policy also includes iPhone accessories.

Thanks!

2. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Ummm I think you're going to have to follow the culturally understood rule that you have to wait your turn. Not sure why you think you would be an exception.

3. robaroo thread starter macrumors regular

instead of being smug, you should spend a little time reading my post. let me bold it for you....

LAST APPLE LAUNCH THEY LET A FEW PEOPLE IN TO MAKE PURCHASES WITHOUT WAITING IN LINE AS LONG AS THEY WERNE'T BUYING AN IPHONE.

I'm not buying an iPhone. I'm buying a case. Why should I wait behind 100+ people to buy something other than what everyone else is waiting to buy? If someone is buying ear buds, do you think they're going to make them wait 2 hours?

4. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Well, good luck getting in front of the phone-buyers. I hope they let you, but I think they are going to be having bigger fish to fry at the moment.. you know... their biggest sale day of the year. Please keep me posted on how it goes for you

5. kovey macrumors 6502a

Because he's him, and who cares about anybody else.

----------

Because they're there to ALSO buy a case, Mr. Bold text man.

6. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

You'll be fine to buy other items apart from the new iPhone. They will be in queues, but you'll be able to browse the store and buy an iMac for example. I did this last year.

7. blah35 macrumors regular

I don't think this is an unreasonable question. I, too, was wondering this.

Heck, nowadays we can even use the Apple Store app to pay for the things ourselves — no help from an Apple Store employee needed.

Considering how many iPhones they're shipping directly to customers, I doubt OP and I are alone in our question.

All that said, I'd recommend going tomorrow afternoon or evening. There may be less color selection, but they'll likely have exhausted their supply of phones for the day and you won't have to worry about which (if any) line to use.

8. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Try in a few days when all the new release mayhem dies down. Will it really kill you if you don't have a case for the phone for say, 72 hours!

Jeeze..........some people!

9. robaroo thread starter macrumors regular

it won't kill me but it might kill my phone. lol. seriously, i have the worst luck with scratches and dropping it. ]

I'm not obsessing over it. If i can't get a case, then I won't get a case. But just wondered if anyone had tried doing this in past iphone launches. I don't want to drive to the apple store and find out i can't get a case. So that's why I asked here, to hopefully save me the trip.

10. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

There are separate lines for people not buying a phone. You will be able to buy a case without waiting int he iPhone line.

11. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Can't you use the Apple Store app to check out when buying accessories at a B&M store?

12. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

Correct. Apple isn't going to limit access for normal buyers (ie non iphone people).

Just walk in and grab what you want.

13. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Not sure how this would work. It really can and should go either way.

However, I'm sure this is something you can give them a call now to find out. Just call your local store and ask.

14. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I'm not sure why people are giving the OP such a hard time (except for the bold print and caps, of course), but it's a perfectly legitimate question.

The iPhone purchasing line is separate from other in-store purchases, including accessories. One year when I pre-ordered I wanted to buy a case and see how crazy the crowds were myself, so I walked up to the front of the store, said I already I bought a phone, bought a case, and walked out.

15. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Ok....... SO IF YOU KNEW THEY DID THAT LAST TIME WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WON'T DO IT THIS TIME? AND IF THAT'S THE CASE WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT?

----------

Oh I beg to differ. Not sure why you thought they'd close the store for every one except those buying an iPhone.

16. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I am planning on just going in to buy my silicone cases tomorrow as well, and can't we just order online for pickup that day?

17. Runningman84 macrumors newbie

I can't wait to get my phone, get my case, and be done with these forums. You guys are either immature and 15, or a bunch of *******s. The guy was asking a question. He's not the only one wondering this. And lets think about this from a business prospective: What sales are they going to lose - the people waiting days for a phone, or the consumer who wants to get in and out with some accessories...? If I had to wait in line for a case with the iPhone crowd, I'd take my ass to Amazon or Best Buy for a case. They don't want to lose those sales. "The Biggest Sale Day of the Year" is going to happen no matter what. They could throw doo-doo on the people waiting in line and they'd still buy an iPhone from them.

18. Jizzles macrumors regular

I believe you can if you tell them you're only buying accessories. You won't be assigned to anyone to assist you purchase your iphone which is probably how they know you're not there for the iphone.

19. uchosen macrumors 6502

Wow, not obsessing, eh? Take it easy.

20. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Apple online store is now offering in store pickup for cases. Just ordered a silicone 6 case for tomorrow. My preorder case from last friday has a 2-3 week ship date so looking forward to getting it in store and canceling that order.

21. Ann P macrumors 68020

Usually if you're buying something else other than the phone, they'll let a few in at a time.

22. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Awesome! I just ordered my white silicone case through the Apple Online Store for store pickup. It shows available today for pickup. I just hope it will be an easy and fast pick up :eek: