I want to cancel my ATT Iphone5 -You can have it. anyone figure out HOW to cancel?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Okay, with delays in shipping, loss of Google Maps and scuffgate, etc. I have decided to cancel one of the ordered iphones.

Called ATT to cancel. They say I have to wait until I get it and then return/cancel it. Even though it is at least 2 weeks from shipping. This is nuts.

Any ideas?

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Keep calling. It took me 2 weeks to cancel my 'pre-order' last year.

Sorry, that's why I pre-ordered from Apple. It came 9:45AM on Launch Day. I did try to warn you guys on the AT&T pro-order thread, but no one listened.

edhawk1965

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Are you just talking to the rep? When I called in from the AT&T store last Friday to cancel mine and pick up a phone there, the rep was sure that it couldn't be done. I asked if she had checked with her manager about the process, comes back about 5 mins later, order canceled and eligibility reset.
Escalate it as high as you need to, this can be done very easily on their end unless your phone is already in a box and ready to be shipped out.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I pushed them a bit on the phone this morning. Should have escalated.

Totally stupid they would not cancel something that has not shipped. Saves them some time and money.