I want to cancel my ATT Iphone5 -You can have it. anyone figure out HOW to cancel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nostresshere, Sep 26, 2012.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Okay, with delays in shipping, loss of Google Maps and scuffgate, etc. I have decided to cancel one of the ordered iphones.

Called ATT to cancel. They say I have to wait until I get it and then return/cancel it. Even though it is at least 2 weeks from shipping. This is nuts.

Any ideas?

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Keep calling. It took me 2 weeks to cancel my 'pre-order' last year.

Sorry, that's why I pre-ordered from Apple. It came 9:45AM on Launch Day. I did try to warn you guys on the AT&T pro-order thread, but no one listened.

3. edhawk1965 macrumors member

Are you just talking to the rep? When I called in from the AT&T store last Friday to cancel mine and pick up a phone there, the rep was sure that it couldn't be done. I asked if she had checked with her manager about the process, comes back about 5 mins later, order canceled and eligibility reset.
    Escalate it as high as you need to, this can be done very easily on their end unless your phone is already in a box and ready to be shipped out.

4. nostresshere thread starter macrumors 68030

I pushed them a bit on the phone this morning. Should have escalated.

Totally stupid they would not cancel something that has not shipped. Saves them some time and money.