i want to connect 2 cinema displays to my new macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigmacbook, Jan 24, 2009.

1. bigmacbook macrumors newbie

hi

i have my 24 inch cinema display connected to my new macbook and would like to connect another 20 inch cinema display to the same macbook(my only free port is 1 usb). what adapter do i need to make this work.

on another note, am i the only one that every now and then gets static sort of fuzz on my monitor and need to unplug monitor and replug to get my screen back to its proper self?

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Check out this link: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/16/kensington-offers-first-mac-compatible-usb-display-interface/

As for the fuzz, does it get worse the longer it is left on? It could just be a degaussing issue. You didn't mention what kind of monitor you have, but CRT displays often have a degauss button or a degauss option in the menu.

If you're on an outlet that shares power, turning on a blender or other such devices often cause disruptions in the smoothness of power. Using a UPS or power bar that evens out the supply could help.

3. bigmacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

i am using the old steel cased apple cinema display..... i have 2, the problem with the fuzz happens connected to either one of them.... when the problem comes, it doesn't go away until i do the disconnect and reconnect if the display

with regards to using the kensington product, what sort of adapter would i use to convert the display cable from the monitor into USB?