I want to decorate my bedroom like Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hajime, Jun 27, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, what kind of material do they use as those silver metallic walls in Apple Store? Wall paper or aluminum plates or perhaps something else??

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

They're stainless steel walls. Whether or not it's a full stainless steel panel or just a layer over another surface, I don't know.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The flooring is sandstone imported from Italy (mentioned in Walter Isaacson's Steve Jobs biography). It is said to be the same stone that is used for the pathways/sidewalks in Florence. I've never been to Florence so I can't verify that but knowing Apple, it's probably true.

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

6. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Will you have enough room for the large tables and emo college kids in your room?

8. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I checked with my contractor but he said that it would be very expensive. If any of you has the will and money to do it, please share pictures with us.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Well if you're trying for an exact replica using almost the same material, yeah I could imagine it being expensive (this is Apple we're talking about here, nothing that is used in the Apple store is cheap - from floor to wall, to even the tables and chairs). For a normal/average person to do it that is looking to renovate their living space, you will have to find cheaper/alternative materials like wall panelling that looks like stainless steel but not or flooring that looks like sandstone but is not or even a cheaper quality sandstone (if it evens exists).