i want to do some changes in ifile...can i save ALL of it in case i mess something up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by himynameiscody, Feb 11, 2012.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i'm new and learning all this SSH stuff, i'm pretty comfortable, but incase i did mess something up can i create a back up so i can revert back to the old settings or restore them to default so i wouldn't have to do a complete restore?

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

drop box, you can save everything to dropbox. get a free account link your ifile to drop box. once linked click + to open a dropbox window within ifile anything u have copied u can then paste there in one go... but I am gonna assume it takes a LONG time. I do this all the time to save a copy of my xbackup stuff..

I also really do not suggest ssh...as in wireless.. its a real pita.... use iphone explorer... but using ifile on the iphone is far easier than iphone explorer...

but if you really screw something up, there wont be a way to go into the phone and replace those files.. because it wont connect and it wont be browse-able..so...in short it would only be useful for small screw ups but if the screw up requires u to restore the whole filesystem of the phone would likely be unavailable to you anyways..

hope that helps

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

but say i wanted to do alll those files i see in ifile at once, not possible? probably should just do each one before i edit it?

i only see iExploer...is that it? i have winscp, is that similar

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I just see bad things happening with this idea. I don't think you have learned enough to be playing with altering files and lines but that's up to you. At worst you can go the DFU restore route.

5. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i used to always hack my HTC's and BB's....still new to iphones tho