I want to download An Inconvenient Truth legally

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by atarin, Oct 25, 2007.

1. atarin macrumors regular

I don't know why the world is so anti-mac, but I am having the hardest time finding a site where I can purchase movies online to download to my iMac. I don't want to steal movies, and iTunes doesn't have all the movies I want.

For example, I want to be able to buy and download An Inconvenient Truth (I am not interested in your opinion of this film, thank you), so I can watch it on my iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV. I do not want to buy the DVD and rip it myself (too time consuming), which I feel I shouldn't have to, because I see it is available for purchase as a download on a few sites for PC users, so why not for us?

The most ridiculous part of all of this (for this particular film) is that Apple recently honored Al Gore for his Nobel Prize (and he is on the board!), and the trailer for the movie is available on their site. WTF?! Why not sell the movie? The soundtrack is on iTunes - why not the movie? And yes, I did already request that iTunes add the movie, but who knows when, if ever, they will add it.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Does anyone know where, other than iTunes, movies (especially An Inconvenient Truth) can be purchased legally for download to a mac? I refuse to put Windoze on my iMac, which is what one site (can't remember which one) actually suggested and touted as a breakthrough for mac users! What a crock! Thanks!

2. je1ani macrumors 6502

Well I ripped it from my DVD collection so pay me $5 and ill send it to you lol

3. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

He said legally.

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I'm not too familiar with it, but isn't amazon unbox mac-friendly? I'm not sure how ipod-friendly it is, though.

5. atarin thread starter macrumors regular

No, it only works with Windoze.

6. KStorms macrumors newbie

any updates?

I've been trying to download an inconvenient truth for the last 30 min and have had no luck. I don't want to pay 19.99, and anything cheaper requires a program not compatable with mac! I found the same problem you did on Amazon.com. Any ideas for downloading movies? Particularly an inconvenient truth?
    thanks

7. atarin thread starter macrumors regular

Never mind! It's now on iTunes. OMG, I think they actually listened when I asked them to add it! I'm impressed! :D

8. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I STILL don't understand

why that movie isn't in the iTunes store. I mean Al Gore is on Apple's board for crying out loud! Also, if you are truly an environmentalist, wouldn't it be better that people be able to download your movie in their homes versus getting in their fossil fuel burning vehicles, heading down to a store to buy a disc made of petrochemicals that was delivered to said store in another fossil fuel burning vehicle.......:confused:

9. atarin thread starter macrumors regular

it is finally on iTunes!

It *is* on iTunes now. They added it today. $14.99.

10. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

or you cand download it from google video that how i get ipod ads on my ipod

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Notice how the title says "legally". (Forgive me if that is legal, I'm just going under the assumption that it isn't)

besides, iTunes has it now, no need for that.

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah its funny how people arent reading the subject where he wants it legally, i would assume as well that google video is illegal as well, same as if you watched it on youtube