I want to exchange my phone for a new/refurb one, how?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jun 30, 2008.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Any suggestions? I know my 1yr warranty is coming up, so I want to try to get one that is less scratched. I'm sure a lot people will say this is wrong to do, but for the rest, any advice? Thx!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sell it on eBay and buy one that someone's taken care of.

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

If you are out of warranty I really dont see how you will get to evenly trade your existing phone for a "less scratched" one. Unless you sell yours on ebay and buy a new or new one like robbie suggested.

4. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh sorry, i mean my warranty is up in soon, but not yet

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It makes no difference: it doesn't cover cosmetic issues caused by the user. You should use this as a lesson to take more care of things if you want them to stay looking nice.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i wouldn't suggest doing this unless you actually have something noncosmetic wrong with it. generally you don't replace working electronic equipment because the case is scratched for the simple reason that you know this one works and there is no guarantee the new one will work just as well. and you could be opening yourself up for a load of hurt with a new one that ends up giving you trouble

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What you are asking of us is deceptive and unscrupulous. And for what? So, you can get something for nothing? Check with your parents. We appreciate your honesty, but I personally cannot condone advice to further escalate this sort of action. It's just not right...:mad: