I want to hear it from Apple if the Iphone should or should not have Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garemz, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Garemz macrumors regular

I would like to hear it from the horses mouth, if The iphone should, or should not be sold from the different networks around the word with or without an unlimited Data plan.

2. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Why does that make any difference? Apple can't say if the device should have unlimited data - it does not really matter to them, providing that people have some way to use the 3G chip (even if they have to pay or stick below a limit).

3. Garemz thread starter macrumors regular

It Matters when you live in a place Like Canada with outrages phone plans.

4. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Yes, no one seems happy with the Canadian plans, compared to the rest of the world they are bad, but no one at Apple is going to say that the iPhone should be sold with unlimited data because that really is not their call to make - they chose Rogers to be the carrier, so they obviously are happy enough with them.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I believe it is entirely up to the carrier to decide whether to include unlimited data or not with the iPhone.
    They have a decision to make, based on the capability of their network(s) as a whole and the accounting model of which they will apply to iPhone.

R-Fly

6. Garemz thread starter macrumors regular

Rogers is the ONLY GSM carrier in Canada the rest are CDMA, so apple didn't have a choice who to use. I would like apple to recommend what they think is the best user experience for their products, so people like myself continue to buy their products, since we have great user experiences.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Seeing as Apple has no control over that, your wish is futile.

8. Garemz thread starter macrumors regular

To much Star Trek for you

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Maybe you should speak to Apple directly, after the 11th. Because The hand of Apple isn't suddenly going to jump into a macrumors forum...
    Your question however, is slightly futile as pointed out. It seems there is no should or shouldn't regarding data plans. Apple tells the networks the highest price they can have. Beyond that, not too much. The networks, it seems, make their own decisions on quite a few other things. We don't yet know to what extent Apple guides them.
    But seeing as there are different price plans, and different plans, Apple isn't demanding everyone to sing from the same data song sheet.