I want to install Logic 8 on my Macbook.. but it can't read DVDs!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PAUL BRIAN, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PAUL BRIAN macrumors member

My Macbook suddenly stopped reading DVDs for some reason. I'll put a DVD in, it will spin inside for a while, then my MB will spit it out a few minutes later. It can read CDs just fine, but at the same time it has a hard time burning CDs (gives me a media error when it finalizes). I guess I have a broken DVD drive. Anyways back to the point I have Logic here and I want to get it in my Macbook. I really don't want to have to go buy an external DVD reader. My sister has an iMac and I was thinking about installing Logic through her disc reader like the Macbook Air's Remote Disc. Is there a way to do this?? Any recommendations? :(

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

Since none of you owns a MacBook Air and, as far as i known, you can't download the Remote Disc utility nor use it on anything else than the MBA, I can think of these options:

#1: Copy files over network (might take some time, depending on you network and size of the Logic installation DVD)

#2: Hook up your Macbook via a firewire cable to your sisters iMac, then hold down the T key, while booting your Macbook. This will boot it into firewire mode, so it'll show up as external hard disk on the iMac. Copy files over (faster as with network).

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert