I want to know if these sites are safe and legit.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macstir, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Macstir macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm new to the whole forum thing but I was just wondering if someone could tell me if these sites were safe. If you want to PLEASE name sites that you know to be safe. I would really appreciate it.

Versiontracker.com
    metaquark.de
    sourceforge.net
    fadingred.com
    telestream.com
    rapidshare.com
    macpaw.com

like I said I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me of the site are ok yo use or if I should find my apps on new sites.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Taking a look at the sites you mentioned, tells me, that they all seem okay, except Telestream from Portland of course ( ;) ). In all seriousness, Rapidshare stands a bit out, but just because it can be used do upload and download files, and as the files are not administered by an administration, everyone can upload something, so you may never know what you get.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

3. Macstir thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thank you for what you have said but the part about "everthing but telestream from Portland" what do you mean and. By what you have written in the first sentence of your reply. I'm guessing that you went to them? Can you help clear my confusion. And thanks for the links.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I just got up, so my English skills are still a bit sleeping. I meant to say, I visited all pages, and only Telestream I never visited before. I was being sarcastic, thus the :) to underline that. I can' t say if Telestream is to be trusted or not, as it claims to be an Internet Service Provider.

[​IMG]

5. Macstir thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again

Ok that helps. Thanks again and I figured the ;) e
    was a "duh da the sites bad" type thing

6. MacKeeper-fan macrumors member

MacKeeper-fan