I want to manage my music with external hard-drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Olbert000, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Olbert000 macrumors newbie

I have a 16GB iPhone and I am soon to go on a 9 month trip overseas. Im not bringing a computer but I will be bringing my 320GB hard-drive which has well over 16GB of media on it that I would like to be able to put on and off the iPhone.

How do I do this? I will have access to random computers in libraries and internet cafes which probably wont have iTunes and almost certainly wont let me import my library so I can sync it with my iPhone. Is there someway I can install iTunes or Media Monkey or similar program onto my hard-drive so that it works completely from there?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you need a computer running itunes to transfer/sync media back and forth to your iphone.
    Unless you JB it and you SSH the files directly to the iphone thru Cyberduck or Winscp. But you will need a computer for that also.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Your iPhone is crippled by iTunes and you can only do what Apple allows you to do. It will not allow what you want to do without jail breaking and there are penalties for jail breaking.:rolleyes: