I want to put an SSD in my Macbook, are these compatible?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 655324, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 655324 Guest

Hi,

My mid 2007 MacBook runs pretty well and I am happy with the speed of it but after seeing a video on YouTube showing the speed at which a MacBook with an SSD opens applications, I am inclined to buy one for mine. I have no intentions of buying a newer MacBook so figured spending around £60 on an SSD for this MacBook seems like a good investment.

After a bit of searching around I have found the two SSDs below. Could you tell me whether these would be compatable with my MacBook? Also, are they just a case of inserting the SSD into my MacBook (I will follow a guide on iFixit), installing a clean install of OS X Lion and then restoring my files and programs from a Time Machine backup?

1st SSD: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/LP/kingston_ssd_sale.php

2nd SSD: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190688569...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1362wt_1190

Are they both the same speed? If they are I will go with the larger one. Also, if there are any better deals that you know of I would appreciate it, I am always looking to save money!

Anything over 100gb would suit me fine as most of my files are on my 2tb External Hard Drive.

I apologise for firing all these questions at you, it all seems to confuse me when I look round at SSDs and they start mentioning SATA II etc. :confused:

I also presume you can't upgrade the processors in these MacBooks so my only other option to speed it up would be to increase the RAM.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate all the time you guys spend on here answering people's questions.

2. saggel macrumors regular

I think you'll be fine with any of these and the price is sweet!!!

3. 655324 thread starter Guest