I want to "re" jailbreak my phone.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rwm17, Mar 4, 2012.

1. rwm17 macrumors newbie

I have a 4S running 5.0.1. It's already running a jailbreak and has been for about a month... my apologies for not knowing exactly what I used to jailbreak it.

I have Cydia, Winterboard, all that jazz and I just want to clear everything I have installed through the jailbreak and go back to a fresh jailbreak.. if that makes sense.

I was just going to Restore through iTunes and rejailbreak but they require that you update to the newest software.

Anyone?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can select the firmware you want to restore to by holding Cmd (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and clicking on the Restore button in the iPhone summary tab in iTunes.

3. rwm17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, but which Restore button are you talking about? The one underneath "Check for Update" or the one I see when I double click on the iPhone button on the left. I'm on a Mac.

Also, which firmware would I want to restore back to if I'm planning on rejailbreaking?

Thanks for all your help.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The one under Check for Update.

... I just read you're on 5.0.1. That is still the latest firmware so you can go through the normal restore without issue.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

yup right now 5.0.1 is the latest Wednesday 5.1 is expected to pop jb is unlickley right away. Iclarified if you want a up to date tutorial.