I want to see my emails and notification without raising my hand

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by snow23, Nov 7, 2017.

1. snow23 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, could you give me a hand with this question? I would like to see my notifications and any text messages without having to lift my wrist up every time I feel vibration. At the same time I dont want my phone beeping away. Is that possible?

My phone now is currently set onto do not disturb.

Thanks guys :)

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

See your text while your watch is by your side facing in another direction????o_O Maybe some type of cornea implant that Apple is working on.:eek:

You simply push the Digital Crown (or App button) to turn on the display facing in any direction.

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You don't have to raise your wrist, simply turning it toward you should be enough to trigger the display. That's how mine works. You should not get notifications on your iPhone if it is locked. Did you set your watch not to mirror your iPhone's DND setting?

Dave

4. snow23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there a way for the notification to light up but not make a sound.

Eg, as I'm typing this, two emails came in. I feel the vibration but my screen doesn't light up unless I raise my wrist or touch my watch. If possible, I would like to see the msg without having to touch my watch.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

OK, in your Watch app. Tap Notifications, Tap Mail, Tap your email address which should be set to On. You can manage Sound and Haptic alerts. Does that help?

You have to manage each application but it does provide granular control. You still have to roll your wrist but you don't have to raise it up.

Dave

6. snow23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes absolutely. Loving the fact I have granular control over all notifications. Just got to curate it to what suits me best. Thanks for your help dave006.

7. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

It won't light up without looking at it as that would waste battery life.