I want to update my Ipad but I'm scared because it will take my apps off again

Discussion in 'iPad' started by louisCude, Jan 24, 2012.

1. louisCude macrumors newbie

Jan 24, 2012
    When the new OS came out, I had just gotten an iPad 2 for the first time, which was 2 days before the OS update. I bragged and flashed my iPad to my friends to show my excited even when I didn't know much about the iPad. But when one of my friends showed me how to install apps on my iPad without using iTunes, I immediately downloaded a list of apps only to become disappointed that my apps had been removed 2 days later, due to the OS update, which was the same day and time my apps had been removed noticeably. Since that update, I had never updated my iPad ever again because I was scared to update my iPad. Today, however, I want to attempt to update my iPad once more, but I don't want to lose any of my apps again, so I came here to get help from you guys.

Please help me with this issue. I do not want to go through the struggle of trying to remember what apps I installed or went missing after a simple, stupid iPad update installment. If you don't know what iPad I have, it's an iPad 2. I hope this helps!

Louis Cude
  2. number84 macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2011
    All your app purchases are saved in the App Store. Just go in and choose the Purchased icon at the bottom. If you're just updating from 5.0 to 5.0.1 you won't lose your apps anyway.
  3. db123 macrumors member

Sep 7, 2011

Before updating make a backup to iTunes or iCloud (if you are using iOS 5). You can restore the iPad after the update - you'll have all your purchased items downloaded automatically.
  4. JazzyFizzle macrumors member

Oct 24, 2011
    Right click or cmd click on the iPad in the list of devices in iTunes. Then just click transfer purchases. Then when you sync you can chose to put them back on from your library.
  5. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Jul 3, 2010