i want to upgrade to 4.0 on m 3g whats my best route

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tuckmonster, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Tuckmonster macrumors regular

i want 4.0, i have a 3g jailbroken unlocked with blackrain, how should i go about getting 4.0

2. douflag macrumors member

Make sure it's a 3G and not a 3GS. If you do have a 3GS, I would suggest that you do nothing at this point. Not sure if the same process works but:

1) put the phone into dfu mode
    2) download 4.0 ipsw
    3) shift + restore 4.0 ipsw in iTunes
    4) run redsn0w 0.9.5 b5

See if that will work.

3. Tuckmonster thread starter macrumors regular

thing is my itunes will not recognize m phone ,what now

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

explain it won't recognize it at all? try another usb plug? or are you not getting it in DFU or was it unlocked and you are on another carrier. better the details with out going crazy.. :p the better the help!

5. Tuckmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Well my iPhoto pops up when I plug my phone in si I know the plug is fine. iTunes is just not displaying my phone at all. it's not popping up like it normally does and it's not in the side bar of iTunes.. It is unlocked on tmobile. It worked with iTunes for at least a year and then all of a sudden it just stopped.

Should I try to set it dfu mode and then use custom firmware. I was hopeing to just do an upgrade.
    Thanks for trying to help

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced