I was anxious, waited almost 2 weeks, now I am tired of waiting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason1978, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Jason1978 macrumors regular

I reserved a phone at Best Buy, I wasn't far down from the list and they get a couple of phones every day for the most part. I am 2nd on the list for a 32GB space grey, the one before me is 1st for a silver 32GB. I have been 2nd for 2 days now. I am getting a little tired of waiting. I am sure some of you have been waiting since the 20th. I couldn't imagine how you guys are feeling. The guy who is buying my 5 texts me everyday wondering if I got a call lol. Hes anxious too. ARRGH I hope it comes in by this weekend and before the holiday. :eek:

Rant over.

2. N e e k macrumors 6502

I snagged the last 16gb 5s silver at my Sprint store last Friday. I called all the Sprint, Best Buys, Targets, Radioshacks, Walmarts in my area daily. You will have a better chance doing that instead of reserving. Keep calling different stores every day. One will pop up.

3. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

I could, and I am definitely tempted. But best buy has a $50 off discount, which is nice. Im debating whether to abort it and go with another. Not sure :/

4. Corgimom1 macrumors newbie

Tell me about it...

I ordered my 16gb silver Sprint iPhone 5s on release day at 7:34 MDT. It was originally scheduled to ship within 7-10 days, with arrival between October 8th-11th. I got an email on Saturday stating that my order was delayed, but should ship within 1-3 days for arrival between October 15th-17th. Now here's the irritating part: the same exact phone that I ordered has been in stock at my local Apple store since last Friday. I called to try to change my phone for in store pickup instead, but they can't change or cancel my order since it is in "Preparing to Ship" mode. (It's been in that mode for a week now.) Given that today is the 3rd business day that my phone was supposed to ship by, I'm guessing I'll get another email tomorrow stating that it's been delayed again.

5. D3TSURA macrumors member

I was the first person to reserve a Silver 64 GB for Verizon at Best Buy on launch day and it took a week for it to come in.

6. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow that is frustrating. I don't understand why they cant just cancel the order. Considering its not like it shipped out yet. :/

----------

Yah best buy is usually good. I mean they are getting tiny shipments in every day. Just frustrating that some days they dont get any and the days they do its like only 2 of them. :(

7. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I guess I can understand the anxiousness...

I recall when I ordered my car from BMW and it took 8 weeks from start of production to arrival into the East coast and I thought I was going to die :)

I went looking for a iPhone 5S Space Grey the day it was released and I could only find 32 gb which I declined... I was looking for 64 gb :)

I finally gave up and placed my order on 9/28 and my order ship date is 10/28 :apple::apple::apple::apple:

8. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

Why not just pick up your device at Apple ?? This morning at 530 am I was able to secure 2 gold 16gb AT&T phones for family members and just for giggles I browsed the other carriers - Apple had a lot of stock in my area for store pick up

9. DefDad macrumors member

I guess I got lucky. I got a grey 5s on launch day at Best Buy (only color they had). A few days later my daughter came over and she had a silver 5s and I just loved the look of it. The next day I checked Best Buy online and found a local store with silver in stock. I drove down there and they exchanged it no problem.

10. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I know what the OP means . . . I wanted to see the new phone before ordering. I was ready to buy after I saw one, but the longer I wait the more I think of keeping my 5 until the 6 . . . But I still keep checking stock every 30 minutes . . .

11. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Yah exactly. I have a 5, and the more I wait the more I wonder why I am buying the 5s. Fingerprint and Camera of course. It's all hype really, but for the moment not changing my mind.

----------

The thing is I live in a smaller town in Ontario. We don't have an Apple store, we have a Jump +..a wannabe Apple store lol

12. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire