My little sister is going on a school vacation to New York in October/November 2013. I've been looking to buy an iPad/iPad Mini for a couple of months now and have enough money to get one but there's been a few things which have been stopping me. First of all, I wanted to wait until they released an new/updated version of the iPad/iPad Mini which I'm guessing would be around the time she'll be in New York. Another factor is obviously the price difference. So if she was able to purchase one in New York, (for example, the 64GB WI-FI + Cellular iPad Mini) it would cost me $659 or roughly £433. That would mean I'd be saving about £100 instead of buying one in the UK (which is where I live) which would cost £529 for the same model. So here are some of the issues. If I purchased the cellular version, would that affect me trying to get a data plan back here in the UK? Or would it not matter? Another issue is that would she be taxed or something like that when re-entering the UK? Are there any ways around this if so? Like unpacking the iPad while in the US and just bringing back the iPad? I don't know if this will matter. And just a general opinion, is the iPad Mini worth getting instead of the full-sized iPad because I was steering towards the mini personally. Anyway, I'd just like to see if it would be the smart option doing it this and whether anyone else has come across similar situations and can offer advice.