I was Wondering Who else Use Their iPhone to Buy Things From The Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackmanlovemac, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    I was wondering is it safe to order things from the apple store or any place on the web ...

If so what did you order...I order my macbook pro 17" unibody

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

This is not iPhone related and you are questioning Internet safety.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

no his question is legit, read the title.

iPhone is secure enough, also you have AT&T's already secure network. If you purchased anything it will be safe.

4. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I check my bank balance on my iPhone all the time. It damn well better be secure! :eek:

Truthfully - I haven't had any problems with it. I don't throw my credit card numbers on the Rogers 3G network, and I never have money in the bank so I figure it's all good.

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I don't mainly because if I'm thinking about ordering something I'll be at my house anyway so a computer is always nearby.

6. Aumz macrumors member

whats more likely to get hacked your iphone or your computer...so the phone is gonna be safer than your computer

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Theaser is a jerk.

As my subject says, Theaser is a jerk... But does he remind anyone else of Dwight Schrute? Well so he doesn't pull out his Assistant TO The Internet Police credentials out on me I will address the OP.

I use my iPhone to check my bank account balances and pay bills and stuff all the time, and I've had nothing but a pleasurable experience.

8. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Why don't you please explain to all of us why this is not an iphone question?

9. firewood macrumors 604

Nothing is perfectly secure.

But an iPhone OS is less likely to be hacked or 0wn3d than any PC OS, especially by any drive-by method. The device is sealed and with you most of the time, so much more difficult for the janitor, etc. to install a keylogger on. And AT&T's network is much less likely to have some non-governmental entity snooping traffic on it than even your own wifi access point.

On the other hand, if you carry it in your pocket in public and without a screen lock, it's probably easier for a pickpocket or armed thug to remove it from your person, and then snoop for any personal ID info and e-commerce sites that you haven't logged out of before fencing the device.

ce

10. jeremykyle macrumors regular

Seems like the same situation I am in. :p

11. marksandvig macrumors regular

I see you trollin, you hatiiiiin....

no but seriously its safe.