I went to an NRA banquet at an elementary school

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bowens, Aug 1, 2014.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I went to an NRA banquet last night that was held in a local elementary school cafetorium. Seems kind of funny, all the laws against taking guns onto school grounds and then they hold something like this there. I bet they raffled or auctioned off 50 guns from BB guns to pistols to shotguns to AR-15s. There was a little bit of everything. Unfortunately, I didn't win anything. I thought it was kind of funny, thought some of you would find it interesting.

2. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Hilarious. (sarcasm).

Perhaps someone familiar with Florida law can comment on the legality. In some states, everyone there who was carrying, which is probably everyone, would be guilty of a felony. But, I guess in Florida there is no problem?

3. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I'm sure there was some carrying but I didn't see it. There was staff from a local gun store there to do the transactions on all the firearms. Of course handguns were subject to the 3 day wait period unless you have a conceal carry permit.

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Are you referring to the Florida with the Stand Your Ground law? Or some other Florida? :)

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If there is no problem, then that is a problem in itself. What's needed is to see the full text of the guns law pertaining to school grounds. In the states I've lived in, there isn't a certain time of the day when the law doesn't apply. It is in effect 24/7. If this isn't in effect that way in Florida, that is a problem.

BL.